M*CARBO Brotherhood

S&W Model 28 vs. Oklahoma LE Handgun Course

Good Morning all! Here is the latest video in this series. In this one, the big Model 28 is taking on a challenging Oklahoma handgun qualification course. Be sure to let me know what you think!

Howard

8 Likes

Nice video, good shooting…especially with that elephant gun! :grinning:

Funny, the woman on that target looks a lot like my elementary school librarian. I always suspected she was involved in nefarious activities…confirmed!

5 Likes

Ha, ha! Well, hopefully she learned a lesson!

Howard

5 Likes

Love the N framed smiths brother. 158 grain full power ammo, was it hollow points, wads or simi wads, or hardball. also with that cross wind, how much drift did you seem to get?

5 Likes

158 grain lead semi-wadcutters zooming along at about 1400 fps out of the M28. Not much in the way of bullet drift at handgun distances. Thanks for watching!

6 Likes

@hrfunk

I agree with @chilipepper! It was a 2nd grade teacher (Mrs. Zachariadus…) She negatively impacted my reading skills. I never did like to read until I got out of high school. Maybe I would ‘feel better’ if I got my own target of her? I cannot believe that one could have pinned up so much ‘hostility’ within oneself for all that time??? :innocent:

Great video, as usual, and very interesting concept in choosing a ‘Top Gun’ state course, Howard!!!

6 Likes

Thank you! I’ve actually taken a little bit of heat over that target. It seems some folks are offended by the idea of shooting a “female” target. I didn’t anticipate that.

Howard

5 Likes

Wow…our society really is becoming overly sensitive, I think. While history shows us that the majority of perpetrators tend to be males, the ladies haven’t exactly been missing out on the “fun”. Instead of focusing on the rather interesting and educational experiment you’re taking on (at the cost of your own time and ammo, no less), they’re focusing on such things as the gender of the figure on the target. And it’s not like you created the target yourself, if I’m not mistaken this is an official target from the law enforcement agency and used for actual qualification (which is the point of this particular video series).

Don’t feel like the lone ranger, I doubt any of us here would have… :+1:

Stay the course, Howard, you’re doing good work with your videos. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m not throwing in the towel just yet. You are correct, by the way. That target in the video is one of two official Oklahoma qualification targets. The other one depicts a male adversary, but I didn’t have any of those. The one I did have was mailed to me by a viewer (which I greatly appreciated!)

Howard

6 Likes

I can remember a time when female perp’s were used a lot on reactive targets, some armed, some not, when you had to identify the threat, and then fire, adding a different paradigm to the equation, to get people past the hesitation of firing on a female or youth.
target moves out , you have to id, shoot and hit before the target slips back.

that target really reminds me of one of those targets. Let the hate from the PC crowd roll off yer back brother. the evil in this world knows no age or gender.

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Being a disciple of Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, I also like the psychological benefit of having a target that looks like a real human being.

Howard

5 Likes

@hrfunk

Geeze. I even remember a time when females demanded equal rights as men!!! Oh yes, that was equal pay… Maybe they should be ‘gifted’ a set of GAHOOLIES and then ‘we’ can call it a day??? Sorry, but let’s call a spade a spade! Howard you make point on videos.

4 Likes

Thank you! Stay tuned. The New Jersey course will be up on Saturday!

Howard

5 Likes