M*CARBO Brotherhood

RWB Glock 9mm 33rd mag with 34rds - any (horror) experience?

So I bought 10 of these RWB Glock 9mm 33rd mags and to my surprise they pack up to 34 rounds.
Has anybody had any bad experience with these? The 34th round doesn’t seem to jam on mag reload…

Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Maybe I am a bit overly cautious, but I never put more than 32 rounds in my Glock 33 round magazines. Never had a problem by doing this.

2 Likes

Do you have the OEM or RWB mag(s)? I’m curious to know if it’s just the RWB capable of accepting 34 rounds or if other brands can also accept 34 rounds.

2 Likes

Both. But if a manufacturer develops, tests, and markets a 33 round mag I would never test fate.
I also feel if 32 rounds isn’t enough to get the job done… I brought the wrong gun.

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can get an OEM and try to load 34 rounds into it.

2 Likes

Thrill seeker. Get us a copy of the autopsy… I mean give us an update. :rofl:

3 Likes

@edgararroyo

Recommended viewing for you. This is a video I found very helpful regarding why I load the number of rounds I choose to load.

4 Likes

John is “such a dad now”. Lol. I still wouldn’t even want to get into a Nerf battle with him.

2 Likes

@TexasEskimo :rofl: :+1: Will do.

2 Likes

@Dred I’m just curious if they take 34, but label them 33 because of that same info on the video (tactical reload)

2 Likes

You are both comparing apples to oranges. This thread was originally about the capacity of 33rd Glock magazines, not 30rd AR mags and tactical reloads. Big difference. Just sayin’.

3 Likes

Well, the conclusion I came to, after buying into the reasoning favoring a tactical reload, is that I won’t load a mag so full I might encounter a problem on a closed bolt. So, if a mag won’t catch with a butterfly fart level of force on insertion … I won’t carry that mag loaded that way.

And, no need to thank for not queing up Paul Harrel firing to an open bolt “for instructional purposes only” a hundred times and then pretending needing to be able to seat a mag on a closed bolt was my own, original thought.

My personal contribution to my tactical plan does have me stick with 20 rounders 'cross the board. I’m missing a finger, so I can only reliably count to 19 so that has to be enough.

3 Likes

LMBO … I don’t speak glock. I wasn’t focused on the type of firearm.

Actually, I was presenting a perspective to help him decide whether or not loading a mag to peak capacity is what he wants to do. My unstated objective is to convince him to try it loaded to 34 rounds on the range. If he suceeds in seating it on a closed bolt. Fire. And tell us what the bolt drag does to the reliability getting the top round into battery and fired. If it ain’t a sure thing … try with 33; rinse and repeat until he figures how full to load the mag for 100% readiness.

2 Likes

I believe the answer is tolerance stacking. Claiming 34 would likely make them liars when the tolerances didn’t stack nice, so they advertise 33. E.g., I recently bought a pair of 13rd 45ACP identical mags. One peaks at 13; the other takes 14. Nasty drag with 14, but they both run fine with 13 on a closed slide (relevant 'cause they are backup mags to the 10+1 that’s holstered…

3 Likes

@Dred good info, thanks.

@TexasEskimo so even though they are different mags/platforms, they have the same “extra round” space. On my OEM G26, G19 and G17 mags, they won’t fit an extra round and that “give in” is not present, so when my weapon is hot and I stick the OEM mag (at it’s max) in I have to tap it or it may not “click” in place and may fall.

These 33rd mags (RWB) on the KelTec Sub-2000 while it’s hot, I can place the mag with 34 rounds (and obviously tapping it in place) and still pull back, the round ejects and the new (34th) round from the RWB gets chambered and all works as expected.

So I want to know if the OEM works the same way or if they behave the same way as their lower capacity mags.

2 Likes

I am not at all trying to be confrontational… but zero of my AR 30rd mags could fit an extra round.

If your 33rd RWB Glock chambers well with 34rds in your Keltec… good for you. Maybe you are onto something.

2 Likes

To be honest, just curiosity, and wanting to know if anybody is running 34 rounds with no issues… because 1 extra round is not a huge difference and not worth being the “dumb” at the range and having the mag fall off… LOL

BTW, I can fit 31 rounds on my PMAG30 Gen M2 mags. BUT my AR lower does not click in that 31 round mag the same way my Sub-2000 clicks in the 34 round mag.

2 Likes

Try it live at a range. The ability to manually rack a round out is not a promise that the blowback will cycle you all the way back to battery for the next trigger pull.

3 Likes

Will do. Already on my list of tests. And will do it when nobody is watching, don’t want to be the “dumb” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

@Dred my OEM G26, G19 and G17 do not catch (I called it “click in” on one of my previous posts) easily with it’s max capacity on any of my Glocks. But on my KelTec Sub-2000 they catch fine. And I do see the convenience of leaving that last round out on an OEM Glock mag when using a Glock handgun. Let’s see what happens at the range with the 34 rounds on the KelTec… And since I do not like “huge” mags on my handgun (only one-handed, it’s not a handsgun… lol) this is just related to KelTec Sub-2000, not trying this on any of my Glocks.

3 Likes