M*CARBO Brotherhood

Russian Ammo Dump Explosion shock wave

9 Likes

And of course it’s not there falt

8 Likes

Bit of a bang there…the visuals of that shock wave were impressive.

7 Likes

@chilipepper Yea, even though I played with that stuff in the military , never gets old.

8 Likes

Cool photo. Were you involved in demo?

It makes me think back to when I was a little kid, I was fascinated by the old A and H bomb test footage. Not in a morbid way, mind you, more a scientific fascination. In particular I had always wondered about the purpose of the rockets they used in the early tests, it wasn’t until many years later I learned they were for studying shock wave propagation. The discovery of shock waves was a eureka moment in my young brain.

Not really a fan of nukes but I’ve probably watched “Trinity and Beyond” more times than I could count. Plus it’s narrated by Billy Shatner, what more could you want?

8 Likes

@chilipepper Was EOD . I think I made more than I defused . In the Coast Guard , they used my “skills” to blow up ice around the Ice Breaker, after it got stuck, told them it wouldn’t work, they never listen. Also made explosive devices to test the hydrophone system we have around the world to detect Russian subs.
Love me a good boom :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

7 Likes

In hindsight, a bit of a stupid question on my part. Not sure why your avatar didn’t register before this…sunlight dawns on thick skull. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

what do you mean when you were a kid ,you still are a kid in an older body :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: @chilipepper

7 Likes

Very true…though I suppose somewhat fortunately I’m not often asked about or judged on my mental age. :grinning:

7 Likes