Rugged Cell Phone Discussion 2022

Folks, I am shopping for a new rugged cell phone.
I could not find a related topic… so here goes.

Your thoughts on the best rugged phone buy on the shelf today. In no particular order. I’ve been shopping for several weeks, and am not an expert on the newest and greatest rugged cell phones and am having a difficult time comparing rugged cell phone options so I listed my main priorities below.

Criteria.
1/ Waterproof 1-1.5m 1hr+, dust proof 100%, drop proof 1-1.5m concrete.
2/ No external case requirement. Rugged glass like Gorila@Tr. or better.
3/ Excellent quality materials and button placement also high resolution camera(s).
4/ Proven & tested track record. Large screen display.
5/ Does not to carry 5G network.
6/ Above average, in par with already industry standards for internal processing, RAM, SIM cards etcetera. Android OS 10+ a must.
7/ Large capacity battery with quick charge.
8/ Extreme temperature savvy. -20°C to + 40°C.
9/ Other options… FLIR, night capable camera (vision), external scope/probe, glove mode, fingerprint and face recognition, etcetera.
10/ Quality speaker with Bluetooth, WIFI et al.

Thanks in advance for your opinions, suggestions and comments (recommendations welcomed).

3 Likes

What thread did this come from? Im thinking @kona or @Texprep should pull the other discussion posts into this thread for continuity…

4 Likes

@Stircrayzy

Yes sure absolutely agree. It was suggested that I start a new thread for this discussion. I checked and never found a similar topic so I started this one as I train wrecked @TexasEskimo Photo topic, innocently of course.

4 Likes

The Blackview bv5500 sounds like it meets your needs. Haven’t seen/used one, but a buddy used to work in a cell store and said they were the toughest at the time (about 2 years ago so they’ve probably improved a bit).

2 Likes

Thanks I’m checking that now.

I forgot to mention, so far my short list includes UMIDIGI BISON GT and Oukitel F150 R2022.

Let me compare the Blackview bv5500 and get back to you shortly. I usually watch as many videos and reviews as I can for a fair comparison. Price is not the main requirement but is considered… depending if it’s worth it.

2 Likes

They are pricey, but I think some of the Iridiums come pretty well equipped as well, but now your on to sat service :v:t2:

2 Likes

Got it… also the F150 top end new rugged which I really liked the design et al I read on a review they do not get data in Canada with this phone and that is a problem even though the company advertises it does. Something to factor in and check out for sure.

2 Likes

Maybe one of these? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Used Iridium phones in the past, I didn’t know they were also cell. We used them for mostly emergence or sparingly as the sat chat is pricy per minute.

1 Like

Umm, going to pass on this one.
The display is kind of lacking. LOL

2 Likes

@Stircrayzy what thread needs merging?

2 Likes

Just a few from the “Photography Anyone” thread.
And… then delete this post. Lol.

3 Likes

@Kona

Not a problem, Kona you can delete this thread if need be, I think I’ve decided on which phone I’ll be getting, decided on ordering the BISON GT.
Cheers,

4 Likes

Closed at OP’s request.