M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger PCc trigger springs

I purchased the trigger spring kit for my pc9 and paired it with the Tandem Kross trigger upgrade with over travel adjustable pin. I freaking love it! It’s feels noticably lighter and that trigger makes the upgrade feel complete.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, @Midstab. I might be biased, but the Ruger PCC is a solid firearm and probably the most fun gun to shoot that I own.

4 Likes

Agreed, and I’ll end up being the best at shooting it out of all of my guns because of the cost to shoot it.

4 Likes

@Midstab Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

2 Likes

@Midstab

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood, Aaron. I agree with @chilipepper! I am also biased towards Ruger! I found myself on a 22 kick. The Ruger SR22 is a fantastic little ‘tack driver!’ My fascination was due to the ‘expense’ first… I became disabled and really could not afford the expense of 9mm daily expenditures. I then purchased a 22 slide kit modification. After a few hundred rounds, I had FTF and FTE challenges. I then looked into ammunition weight. That led me into barrel changes and replacing ‘solid’ coil springs… Then I looked into barrel replacements and bought 3 different barrels from Twin Tech. Boy, did I love the difference it had made but my ‘expenses’ started multiplying. So, after 7 years, a Glock Armorer Class and a Practical Gunsmithing Certificate (not to mention the addition of all of my MCarbo Brothers… I ‘finally’ turned in to the ‘gun xxxxxxx’ that I am today… That word was ‘lovingly’ used by my father who has since passed back in 2014. I have an ‘extream’ hobby of building 80% Custom 22’s…:cowboy_hat_face: You will find many of us that have thousands of years experience among us in the firearms industry! Have fun in our forum and happy shooting, Brother!!!

3 Likes

welcome to the forum aaron @Midstab

3 Likes

Research or you know my face? Ha

2 Likes

WHat are your feelings about the TandemKross ?
I ordered a PC9 19115 last week. Started looking at upgrades immediately.
Put an order in for the Mcarbo trigger kit,extended mag release, muzzle brake, cheek pad and recoil spring…
I took possession of my Ruger PC9 model 19115 Yesterday and MCARBO parts and red dot showed up today. The TK is shown as delivery tomorrow…
cheeky%202

My trigger started out at a crisp 4lb 9oz. after polishing contact surfaces between disconnect/sear and sear/hemmer I got it down to around 3lb 12oz.
With the spring kit I got it down to 2lb 4oz. Looking forward to the TK trigger bow.
IMG_1917
I was pleasantly surprised to see the hammer strut spring included. There was no mention of it in the install video and when I ordered it last week it was not mentioned as part of the kit. Good to see it because as I was working on the polishing last night the OEM spring seemed real over stiff. The trifecta sure works nicely.
I have a feeling thai I AM GOING TO LIKE THIS CARBINE.
The only thing I need now is a pistol grip collapsible stock !!! WANT WANT WANT

2 Likes

You will. Great little guns, they are. You got one of the newer models with the factory free floating forend, very cool. I purchased mine in haste when I saw it at the LGS a year or so ago, before they had this model. That said, I splurged for the Parker Mountain forend as the stock one was a little short and small for my mitts. I’m about half tempted to get a second one, I like it that much. And it’s got a fluted barrel, love fluted barrels. More fun than a bag of chimps on crack. :laughing:

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::sunglasses::boom:

I bought this one because of the M17 I bought 2 months ago.

2 Likes

Oh, and there are some other bits available to trick out the PCC if you haven’t looked. I got an extended charging handle (swapped the stock one to the other side) as well as a mag well flare. Both nice additions to the firearm.

1 Like

Yep, got that also.
I like the texturing on it !!! The thumb gets good purchase :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

OOPS misread your reply. I did get the MCARBO extended mag release nit the KT charging handle.

2 Likes

Oh hell, I didn’t realize MCARBO had an extended mag release for the PCC…and it does appear to have a nice texture to it. :+1:t3: I believe my extended charging handle and the mag well flare came from Taccom(?). I didn’t think twice about your response as the extended charging handle does have a nice spiral fluted texture to it. :grinning:

3 Likes

4 thumbs up to the TK trigger. With the mcarbo springs I now have 1lb11oz pull. I like the face of the trigger !!!

3 Likes

I now have my pc9 fully built and love it. My sister in-law has never shot any guns and was a surgeon with it at 30yrds. It’s a perfect fun little gun for sure.

5 Likes

@Midstab Yep, she’s a good little banger right out of the box. I’m not surprised to read posts like this. Good on ya (and your sis). :+1:t3:

4 Likes

And the trigger stop pin is awesome if you get is fine tuned. You can really get some lead down range.

2 Likes