M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger PCc trigger springs

I purchased the trigger spring kit for my pc9 and paired it with the Tandem Kross trigger upgrade with over travel adjustable pin. I freaking love it! It’s feels noticably lighter and that trigger makes the upgrade feel complete.

7 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, @Midstab. I might be biased, but the Ruger PCC is a solid firearm and probably the most fun gun to shoot that I own.

6 Likes

Agreed, and I’ll end up being the best at shooting it out of all of my guns because of the cost to shoot it.

5 Likes

@Midstab Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

3 Likes

@Midstab

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood, Aaron. I agree with @chilipepper! I am also biased towards Ruger! I found myself on a 22 kick. The Ruger SR22 is a fantastic little ‘tack driver!’ My fascination was due to the ‘expense’ first… I became disabled and really could not afford the expense of 9mm daily expenditures. I then purchased a 22 slide kit modification. After a few hundred rounds, I had FTF and FTE challenges. I then looked into ammunition weight. That led me into barrel changes and replacing ‘solid’ coil springs… Then I looked into barrel replacements and bought 3 different barrels from Twin Tech. Boy, did I love the difference it had made but my ‘expenses’ started multiplying. So, after 7 years, a Glock Armorer Class and a Practical Gunsmithing Certificate (not to mention the addition of all of my MCarbo Brothers… I ‘finally’ turned in to the ‘gun xxxxxxx’ that I am today… That word was ‘lovingly’ used by my father who has since passed back in 2014. I have an ‘extream’ hobby of building 80% Custom 22’s…:cowboy_hat_face: You will find many of us that have thousands of years experience among us in the firearms industry! Have fun in our forum and happy shooting, Brother!!!

5 Likes

welcome to the forum aaron @Midstab

4 Likes

Research or you know my face? Ha

2 Likes

WHat are your feelings about the TandemKross ?
I ordered a PC9 19115 last week. Started looking at upgrades immediately.
Put an order in for the Mcarbo trigger kit,extended mag release, muzzle brake, cheek pad and recoil spring…
I took possession of my Ruger PC9 model 19115 Yesterday and MCARBO parts and red dot showed up today. The TK is shown as delivery tomorrow…
cheeky%202

My trigger started out at a crisp 4lb 9oz. after polishing contact surfaces between disconnect/sear and sear/hemmer I got it down to around 3lb 12oz.
With the spring kit I got it down to 2lb 4oz. Looking forward to the TK trigger bow.
IMG_1917
I was pleasantly surprised to see the hammer strut spring included. There was no mention of it in the install video and when I ordered it last week it was not mentioned as part of the kit. Good to see it because as I was working on the polishing last night the OEM spring seemed real over stiff. The trifecta sure works nicely.
I have a feeling thai I AM GOING TO LIKE THIS CARBINE.
The only thing I need now is a pistol grip collapsible stock !!! WANT WANT WANT

2 Likes

You will. Great little guns, they are. You got one of the newer models with the factory free floating forend, very cool. I purchased mine in haste when I saw it at the LGS a year or so ago, before they had this model. That said, I splurged for the Parker Mountain forend as the stock one was a little short and small for my mitts. I’m about half tempted to get a second one, I like it that much. And it’s got a fluted barrel, love fluted barrels. More fun than a bag of chimps on crack. :laughing:

4 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::sunglasses::boom:

I bought this one because of the M17 I bought 2 months ago.

4 Likes

Oh, and there are some other bits available to trick out the PCC if you haven’t looked. I got an extended charging handle (swapped the stock one to the other side) as well as a mag well flare. Both nice additions to the firearm.

1 Like

Yep, got that also.
I like the texturing on it !!! The thumb gets good purchase :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

OOPS misread your reply. I did get the MCARBO extended mag release nit the KT charging handle.

2 Likes

Oh hell, I didn’t realize MCARBO had an extended mag release for the PCC…and it does appear to have a nice texture to it. :+1:t3: I believe my extended charging handle and the mag well flare came from Taccom(?). I didn’t think twice about your response as the extended charging handle does have a nice spiral fluted texture to it. :grinning:

3 Likes

4 thumbs up to the TK trigger. With the mcarbo springs I now have 1lb11oz pull. I like the face of the trigger !!!

4 Likes

I now have my pc9 fully built and love it. My sister in-law has never shot any guns and was a surgeon with it at 30yrds. It’s a perfect fun little gun for sure.

6 Likes

@Midstab Yep, she’s a good little banger right out of the box. I’m not surprised to read posts like this. Good on ya (and your sis). :+1:t3:

4 Likes

And the trigger stop pin is awesome if you get is fine tuned. You can really get some lead down range.

3 Likes

Just joined the forum. Installed the Trigger spring kit along with the new flat trigger this morning. Nothing else to do in the rain. The trigger pull is definitely smoother and lighter. I don’t have a gauge to give an accurate measurement but it feels better. Thanks to the Mcarbo people for the videos. I would never have attempted this without the step by step instructions. I spent a lot of years in EOD but was never involved with weapons before. Hoping to get more experience and send a lot more bullets down range.

5 Likes

![image|295x500](upload://2aOkOYRHiflrJg412cyEU3vRRhm.jpeg[image|I have to agree. It’s extremely fun at the rang. My range has a lager group of older men that dislike the newer firearms of today. Needless to say my Ruger PC has changed the minds of a few. Lol I plan on doing all up grades in time. I did replace the handgard to PMM. I also
Purchased all the Taccom parts. I’m happy that I have a company that takes so much pride in there products.
Any how I have even a bit longe winded.
Merry Christmas

5 Likes

I installed the Tandem Kross Victory trigger and most of the time it wouldn’t reset. I contacted T-K and they told me to try and stretch the trigger return spring and they would send me some new ones. I took it apart again and stretched the spring and it worked perfectly. The next day I received 5 new springs from them. Very responsive folks at T-K.

4 Likes