M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger PC9 Light Primer Strikes

Hi,

I started having light primer strikes after installing the MCARBO trigger spring kit, and recoil reduction bundle. About once every 30 rounds or so.

I have also installed the A2 steel bolt pins, ejector and ejector pin

You can see just a few of them here ==> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJW6TEGcrEU
You can also see it shooting three rounds at once at 1:28 https://youtu.be/UJW6TEGcrEU?t=88

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

What ammo are you shooting?

Have you tried any other ammo?

Same result or does it fire off consistently?

Getting this info into the discussion 'cause some primers are harder than others plus you can get this result from inconsistently seated primers too.

3 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried with my own loads (federal primers), Tula, and Blazer Brass.

Had issues with all of them.

1 Like

Prolly not ammo then.

I don’t run a PC Carbine so I am not familiar with the kits. Common solution is to revert to a partial kit - e.g. replace the hammer spring with factory and see if light strikes go away.

But, I’d give the team a call. It is likely they have a clean fix for you.

2 Likes

@rasanchezd Welcome to the Brotherhood.

1 Like

@rasanchezd Welcome here. Very impressive shooting! Which red dot are you using?

Let us know what you find.

1 Like

@rasanchezd welcome to the forum rafeal

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m going to call and see what happens. In the meantime, I’m going revert to stock parts and test. Then reinstall MCARBO parts one at a time.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
Bushnell Red Dot Sight

5 Likes

Not had any light primer strikes as of yet. What grain/load? Light loads? If using heavy spring on bumper, it may not cycle all the way back and do a “bounce”.

Nice shooting BTW…

1 Like

115’s and 147’s had the same issue. I’m installing a new trigger spring kit soon. Hopefully that will fix the issue. I shot soft and heavy loads and had the same issue (my own loads, blazerbrass, and Tula)

Thanks!

1 Like

Oh… Wasn’t clear about the load or grain weight. Was thinking of the 3 shot cycle and not the light primer strike…

1 Like