M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger PC Carbine w/ Romeo5 Red Dot

New to these forums and this is my first post.

Getting my Ruger PC Carbine (9mm) set up and ready to take to the range.

I have done all the M*Carbo upgrades for this weapon.

I also picked up the SIG Romeo5 RDS for it (SOR52001).

I have no experience with RDSs so I am curious about the setup those of you who may have this RDS have tried or are running.

It has the high-mount and low-mount options. The high-mount seems nice for its co-witness ability but does seem a bit high for a good cheek-stock weld.

The low mount “feels” more natural for acquiring a quick sight picture.

I have seen folks who have replaced the rear sight mount on the barrel with a rail for mounting the Romeo5 but that completely takes out the option for using the iron sights.

Just looking for thoughts and ideas here. I am sure for most that it will come down to personal preference.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or tips!
(BTW, this is not a weapon for competition…just for BoB/SHTF use. And maybe the occasional plinking for fun!)

7 Likes

@SFCStubby welcome to the Brotherhood.

I use a UTG red/green quick mount on my PCC without the riser - it gives a much better cheek weld. Mine doesn’t co-witness but pop it off and the iron sights are still zeroed.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood SFCStubby !

6 Likes

Somebody needs to make an adjustable skeleton mount IMHO…:rofl::rofl::rofl::eye:

Welcome @SFCStubby

5 Likes

I have several Romeo 5’s. The low mount is generally my preferred choice if I can get away with it.

7 Likes

@SFCStubby welcome to the forum bud

7 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood

6 Likes

Thanks for the info and the “welcomes”!
I’m going to zero the iron sights, of course, and then go with the low mount for now.
I can always take the RDS off later.

8 Likes

Welcome, i cant offer much insight since i dont have a RED DOT, or a PC9, but you are definately in the right place.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood.

I’d follow @phuzzy42’s lead with a QD mount on the receiver 1913 for the red dot. For myself, I’ve found the factory irons to be spot on, some of the best open sights I’ve shot, so I run my PCC nekkid. That said, I know people are using these great little guns for many different things and irons don’t suit everyone. At the end of the day, it should be whatever you enjoy.

7 Likes

Batteries die, electronics fail, scopes get bumped, and Murphy says it’ll happen at the worst possible moment, so be ready to dump them in a second and use your iron sights. The cavemen didn’t have optics on their spears, Robin Hood didn’t have a 4x9 scope, and Daniel Boone didn’t use a red-dot. :rofl: :smile: :joy:

10 Likes

I have the same set up went with the low mount it works great I always try to mount my optics low

5 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood @Longshot

5 Likes

Welcome to the group

4 Likes

Thank you glad to be here

6 Likes

@Longshot welcome to the forum eric

3 Likes