M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger PC Carbine Crooked Handguard

Hi! New to the forum and wondering if anyone has run into a off-center (left/Right) handguard on the PC Carbine. Any fixes? I just picked it up and have yet to shoot it. If it’s accurate I’m fine with it aesthetically. Takedown and assembly fit perfectly and smooth. I have removed the handguard several times and changed up my torque pattern on the bolts to see if I could coerce it but alignment never changed. Thanks for any advice.

R/S
Mike

3 Likes

got a side shot? what Gen is the PC factory or modified with the magpul stock, Mloc handguard, ect ect, have you measured with a caliper the distance from the barrel out to each flat on the inner handguard to see how much you are off, or is the front sight askew?/slot off center mill ? does it have a kit added? like the one below or???

Goblin-Thanks for the reply. It’s a model 19116. It is stock and build date was January 2021. I didn’t get around to exactly measure anything. However, I did remove the barrel clamp multiple times and have tried different torque patterns on the Handguard to no avail. I’m currently on a business trip so I can’t currently do any more tinkering for a few days. I have read more into it and it appears Midwest Industries have found many discrepancies in the production of the gun when examining the fitment of their own Handguards. They have stated that most of the problems stem from misaligned tapping barrel clamps that In turn induces a misaligned Handguard. Who knows. The barrel looks straight as far as I can tell. I will drop Ruger a line and see what they say.

R/S
Mike

2 Likes

I would bet on the clamps being the reason. keep us in the loop with what ruger says…

1 Like