M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger PC 9 Glock or Ruger magazines

Has anyone tried the Ruger PC 9 with both Glock and Ruger magazines and have any measurable results with each?

Wondering if there is any measurable difference between the two.

Thanks for any information

2 Likes

I use Glock magazines and I have a Glock pistol. I started with the included Ruger mag for the first few hundred rounds.
My PCC had issues with both magazines for many rounds, and I think it was a long break-in process.

Make sure to use new or very good condition mags/springs with a new PCC, or it will most likely have issues and make you think it’s the gun.

I had a weak spring in a relatively new Glock mag…wouldn’t follow the last round hold open reliably. I replaced the spring with a WOLFF +10% and that fixed the issue. New springs verses new mag prices saves $$$.

How many rounds have you fired so far?

It should run fine with either mag choice…as long as you change the well!

2 Likes

Can tell you that the ETS mags were giving some issues. Glock stick mags were flawless. Sorry, still building and haven’t gotten much range time as of yet.

1 Like

I run the Glock mags only and j have had no issues with feeding

1 Like

I run mostly Magpul Pmags, a few Glocks and two ProMags. Magpul and Glock mags run without issue. Only problems I’ve experience were with the ProMags, only once on first use and hasn’t happened since. That said, I would not buy the ProMags again, I just don’t trust them.

3 Likes

I don’t own a Glock, thus did not feel it necessary to go that route. The Ruger mags were a bit high priced IMHO so bought a set of Ruger ProMags on sales from Brownell’s. :scream_cat: As chilipepper shared . . . I had some minor feeding problems with both. I then found a sale on a pair of Ruger SR9’s mags so I bought them. Now I have ( 3 ) good working mags for the Ruger PCC and another pair that may or may not always be reliable. I have other Pro Mags that worked very well, but the SR9 copies - Not So Much as always you get what you pay for.

3 Likes

Nothing scientific here but I think the issues with my ProMags had to do with the springs. When comparing them to the Glocks and Magpul Pmags, they seemed a bit stronger and less refined. It’s been suggested by a couple of folks that loading up the ProMags and letting them sit loaded for a period of time might “take the starch out of 'em”, conditioning the spring a little. That said, I’d probably still reach for a Glock or Magpul first if given the option, ProMag as a last resort.

3 Likes

I don’t have a pistol that uses either mag. I went with the Glock style mags because of price, availability and mag capacity. Gunmagwarehouse had ten 17 round PMags (still do as of yesterday anyhow) for $99.99 so I picked those up. Also picked up half a dozen 31 round ETS mags. The X5 had no problems with ETS mags and it turns out neither does the Ruger.

Neither the PMags or the ETS has given this Ruger any problems. I only load the ETS to 30 tho, not for any reason besides it makes keeping count of how many rounds easier. It’s not a real good reason now that I see it written down, lol.

2 Likes