M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger PC 9 carbine bolt head and exractor pins

I’ve been trying to find out why I need to replace the PC9 bolt head and extractor pins.
Can anyone tell me why?

3 Likes

@Bud8464 Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Not sure if I follow you here. Who or what told you that you need to do so? Do you have more info on your situation/issue with the firearm? Big fan of the Ruger PCC, own a 9mm variant myself and have had zero issues with it after 1k+ rounds through it.

3 Likes

@Bud8464 please elaborate Bud8464, haven’t heard a word about a recall…

1 Like

@Bud8464 Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

2 Likes

Mcarbo offers new steel pins for the bolt head and extractor. Just wondering if I needed to replace the factory parts for some reason.

3 Likes

@Bud8464

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood, Bray!

3 Likes

@Bud8464 Now I understand.

I’m not personally aware of any issues with the stock pins, though I’ve only had my PCC for a little over a year with the aforementioned number of rounds through it. From the Mcarbo product page it sounds like the replacement pins are made from better steel. I wouldn’t imagine Chris would introduce pointless parts for purchase (say that fast three times :grinning:) so I assume someone has had issues with these pins. I wasn’t aware these were available and while I’m not having issues with mine, I’ll have a closer look at these pins for wear/damage the next time I do a full-on tear down and clean of the bolt assembly (I don’t tear this apart for every cleaning).

2 Likes

I have shot the PC 9 and have absolutly no problems. I was just about to order he Mcarbo recoil spring because the PC9 bolt does open a little bit early letting gas escape in that area. As I was looking at the parts offered I noticed he Bolt head pin set and extractor pin that are steel. I was curious if those pins actually needed to be replaced.

3 Likes

It’s very possible this is more of a long term wear problem that neither of us have experienced as of yet. I’ll definitely be having a look at mine just in case.

I can tell you that the extended charging handles are a nice upgrade. I’ve got one similar to the Mcarbo version mounted on the left side, gives much better purchase than the factory handle. Plus, it’s fluted. Mmmmm, flutes. :grinning:

2 Likes

Mine look horrible after a couple hundred rounds!

2 Likes

This is my other pin. As a new user, I can only upload one photo at a time…

2 Likes

@Zjan Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Well, that certainly appears to be wear/damage and quite similar to the photos in the product listing. Kinda makes me want to tear mine down this evening for a look-see. Thanks for posting this. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

That’s a very good answer to my question. Thanks

1 Like

@Bud8464 Good timing with that Mcarbo 15% off sale ending tonight at midnight, eh?