M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger LCP II spring kit

I just bought a spring kit from MCARBO. I need to know if the trigger return spring has been stiffened and the take down pin works in those kits now. I read on this forum that in July of last year people were having trouble with those parts in the kit.

2 Likes

@JimNolan wwlcome to the forum jim

4 Likes

Welcome Jim! I purchased the stainless guide rod and the takedown pin kit a few months ago, but did not purchase the spring kit. I have not had any issues so far with the MCARBO takedown pin.

5 Likes

@JimNolan Welcome to the Brotherhood.

4 Likes

Update: Mcarbo called me back and we discussed my concerns. I was told they’d never heard of these problems with the Take Down Pin or the Trigger Return Spring. I’m going to install every piece of the kit and hope for the best.

5 Likes

@JimNolan

Good luck with your LCP II and welcome to MCARBO Forum.

4 Likes

My issue wasn’t with the trigger return spring. It was with the trigger-in-trigger safety dingus thingy coiled return spring.

2 Likes

Wedge, this is what you wrote July 19
Now, here’s the HUGE flaw. When I tried to pull the trigger to test the install, I couldn’t most of the time. Why? Because the MCARBO trigger return spring is way too light. It was so light that the coil spring inside the trigger that actuates the Glock-like safety dingus thingy was strong enough that the entire trigger started moving rearward before the safety dingus was fully depressed and out of the way. It was still hitting the frame behind the trigger and stopping it. I reinstalled the stock trigger return spring and all was fine. It is noticeably stronger and the trigger won’t start to move rearward since it will overcome the safety dingus coil spring and let it fully depress. It doesn’t change the trigger pull/poundage in any way and it’s quite good after the other two (hammer and firing pin) springs were installed. Those appear to function fine. Well, at least until I get it out and actually test fire it.

1 Like

And? What I said still stands.

1 Like