M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger LCP 380 loose trigger

I put a new trigger kit in my LCP and it’s loose, any suggestions. I’ve broken it down 4 different times and double-checked everything, no issue I can find?

4 Likes

@sjividen15 Welcome aboard.

Are you referring to a trigger spring kit, or replacing the trigger? What exactly do you mean “loose”? Is the trigger floating, as if the pivot pin is too small? Excess travel or side to side play?

3 Likes

I put a new trigger spring kit in and it’s loose from front to back, how can I tighten the trigger up, or is there an issue that I have overlooked.

3 Likes

@sjividen15 If you checked multiple times on the spring install and it looked OK, I would put the stock springs back in and see what happens. They sell 2 different spring kits for the LCP and LCP II. It’s possible they mixed them up when bagging them. Good luck.

7 Likes

Good point @Don68, also wondering if the transfer bar might be upside down. Don’t ask…

6 Likes

Hmmm…me thinks there is some past experience here @Festus. I put a MCARBO kit in my wifes LC380 and it is awesome. Must be different springy things and such. The trigger came nice not even close to loose.

2 Likes