M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger LC9s Trigger Kit

Hey Guys, bought the spring kit for LC9s and boy they weren’t kidding it went from 4 1/2 lbs to 3.0lbs deap on. Only warning take down isn’t really for amateurs. Almost lost the extractor plunger and spring if I didn’t know to be careful around blind holes! Otherwise 5 Stars for the replacement trigger spring. Great Job MCARBO! I can also vouch for the glock spring kit. I have them on my 4 Glocks 34, 17 and two 19’s. my edcs
again Great Job, Thanks Rico!

10 Likes

Does that pistol have the “trigger in trigger” style safety like Glocks have?

4 Likes

Just installed in my wife’s handgun. This trigger spring does EVERYTHING it is claimed to.

6 Likes

Thanks for the opinion, I have a LC9 & hate the trigger so it looks like I’ll try the spring for the LC9 just to see . It certainly couldn’t hurt.

4 Likes

You are going to be amazed! On the trigger scale broke at 3 lbs 5 times in a row so I know its not a fluke. Good luck with the extractor spring and plunger, it a bitch!

6 Likes

Yes. The LC9s is reported to have a better trigger than the LC9 it replaced.

5 Likes

I have this kit in my LC9, a big improvement over the original. Also have the RTK trigger, highly recommend. Overall trigger pull length has been reduced about 40% over stock.

2 Likes

Yes it does have a Dingus or whatever each company call the trigger safety. Its actually more pronounced in the Ruger, but I can wear shorts and a t-shirt and walk around 10 round with extended magazine.

3 Likes

Okay, I was wondering because the latest LCP II version of the LCP has that same setup and there was a serious safety problem with the MCARBO trigger kit for it. The solution was to just use the stock coiled spring in the trigger that holds the dingus out. That spring in the MCARBO kit was just a tad too strong and prevented me from fully pulling (i.e. firing) my particular LCP II. Not so good in a SHTF self-defense situation. Again, that was just in my pistol so I don’t know if that’s a widespread thing or not. I haven’t read about it anywhere else, so it might just have been a tolerance issue with mine or something. At any rate, the actual TRIGGER part of the spring kit is awesome. It really did lighten and crisp up what I thought was already a pretty good trigger. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check out that RTK also. That’s why I really enjoy this forum as opposed to many of the others.

4 Likes

@Rico1957 Can you elaborate on the extractor plunger and spring problem? I saw no reference to it in the installation video and want to be careful installing when the one I ordered arrives in the next few days.
Thanks
JoeFridaySays

2 Likes

The Extractor is held in place by a plunger followed by a Strong Spring in a one sided hole, when you press down on the slide safety to release the extractor, it rocks back and for giving you a false sense of security, the second the extractor comes lose the plunger and spring are launched and if you don’t have something blocking the release they may be hard to find. Just be carefull. You can restrain the plunger by having a roll pin blocking the hole.

3 Likes

The Mcarbo Trigger Kit has been ordered!
Should be delivered in a few days.
This morning I installed a Hogue Beavertail Grip Sleeve.
Installation was a breeze✌️
Took longer to heat up the grip in a pot of hot water on the stove than to install. Dried grip and slipped on.
Very nice​:v::v::v::v:
I like the feel of it.
Need a holster and extra mags. (9 capacity)
ProMags are cheaper than Ruger Mags.
Like the looks of ProMags over Ruger. But read reviews about problems with ProMags.

3 Likes

Hi I bought both believe me the ruger extended mag is well worth the difference.

3 Likes

@Captainjack88 I have a couple of the ProMags for my LC9s and they work fine but are a bit clunky. The extended Ruger mag clearly was made for it and looks and feels nice. It is used as my secondary though with a standard mag loaded since the extended mag adds almost an inch to the height of the firearm.

2 Likes

Staying out of town tonight and tomorrow for work on Saturday. Brought my tools to install Mcarbo Trigger Spring Kit on Ruger Lc9s Pro in the hotel room.
7 lbs 6 oz stock
5 lbs 6 oz Mcarbo

NOW…
What’s you all’s thoughts on removing the trigger safety “DINGUS”

4 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t. I don’t even notice it’s there anyway because its function is completely seamless to me.

4 Likes

Personally, I won’t do it. Wouldn’t recommend it.

Thanks Rico!

Rico de la Llama

Center Shot Training, LLC

www.centershottraining.com

Stopping Violence with Safety, Training, Confidence

770-324-3441

1 Like

@Wedge

The problem I am having with the trigger dingus was caused by the lighter Mcarbo trigger spring I installed.

With the Mcarbo spring in there is not enough tension on the trigger witch causes to much side to side Motion of the trigger. Bring my trigger finger down from the side of the slide to the trigger moves the trigger to the left ever so slightly. Then starting to engage back it won’t function. I have to perfectly place my finger on the dingus to depress it first before engaging the trigger. I practiced for several hours last night and had several “stuck triggers”. Not every time, but enough to discourage me about the trigger dingus. I want to keep the dingus.

Reinstalled the stock trigger spring and practiced some more. Not one “stuck trigger”.

Going to leave it like this and put the Mcarbo spring in the parts box.

Might try this…

3 Likes

I had a very similar problem with the LCP II MCARBO spring kit, but it was the coiled dingus spring that goes in the trigger. The MCARBO one was too strong and it wouldn’t fully disengage the trigger dingus thingy so the leg was still hitting the frame at the upper back of the trigger guard area. I reinstalled the stock coiled spring and all was well. I didn’t have any problems with any other springs in the MCARBO kit. I didn’t have any side-to-side wobble issues with the trigger.

3 Likes