M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger 9mm carbine made even better

I made an already great rifle even better with the upgrades below I ordered from my brothers at MCARBO. I encourage all the Ruger PC Carbine owners to upgrade their rifles if they haven’t yet. The one thing I didn’t do was order the extended magazine release but that is going to happen this week. Be sure to include that with your order. By the way, MCARBO had my order processed and in the mail and I received my parts in just a couple business days. Plus they emailed a “How To” video to me to help me with the new parts installation. That was “wicked” fast compared to a lot of the other guys out there and you’ll get the feeling you are part of a brotherhood with their great customer service.
Thank you M*CARBO!!!

|22229222777777|Ruger PC Carbine Recoil Reduction Bundle|1|
|22229111144444|Ruger PC Carbine Extended Charging Handle|1|
|2222400088889mmRocksett|Ruger PC Carbine Muzzle Brake|1|

11 Likes

@Powerplantman welcome to the forum larry

8 Likes

@Powerplantman Welcome to the Brotherhood Larry.

6 Likes

Thanks, i appreciate ya

6 Likes

Thanks hunter, always good to be part of something

6 Likes

@Powerplantman Welcome to the Brotherhood.

4 Likes

welcome to the Brotherhood Roach!
@Powerplantman

5 Likes

Welcome to the brotherhood

4 Likes

@Powerplantman Welcome here. Which version PCC9 do you have?
I’ve got the early generation (19100) with lots of M*CARBO mods and a few others. It’s a great takedown and accurate for my use.
Enjoy the forum… :grinning: :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

@Powerplantman Welcome aboard.

5 Likes

I bought it new this past December. To be honest I’m not sure what version of a Ruger PC 9MM Carbine it is, other than it did not come with floating handguard or any other tacticle add-ons. I got a great deal on it, $399.00 plus shipping. I’m hoping Ruger comes out with 45 acp carbine. I’m looking at a couple of their discontinued 45 carbines hoping i can get one or both under a zillion bucks.

6 Likes

I made a mistake in a previous message. I referred to a discontinued 45 acp rifle as a Ruger. I meant to say Marlin / Marlin Camp 45.

4 Likes

@Powerplantman Here’s the Ruger PCCarbine models link. There are many models available today. I wonder when they will offer a Stain”S”Less Steel version?

https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. I have a model 19100. According to the MSRP I got a heck of a deal for a brand new one in the box at $399.00. I bought a couple extra Ruger 17 round mags and have run about 100 rounds thru it, with out a single issue. People say the Glock mags work better than the Ruger mags. I can’t imagine it working any better than it does, pulling the trigger as fast as i can with no stove piping or failure to eject. I have heard that slamming a new mag in and slapping the bottom can damage / bend the plate and little tang causing issues.

3 Likes

@Powerplantman Good price! Ruger mags work a little better. I have a lot of Glock mags and a Glock pistol so that’s the way mine is setup…and it’s reliable.

Slamming mags isn’t recommended…I’m sure many do in competition and they have read all of our posts on adjusting the ejector.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Just ordered some fresh M*CARBO parts for my sweet PCC9.
Stain”S”Less Steel goodies… :grinning:

Sure will make it easier to find the parts if and when they fall on the floor!

I’ll get the first look at how the M*CARBO Recoil Shock Buffer is holding up after 500+ rounds when I install them.

4 Likes

I have a Ruger PCC ( 19121 ) and have all the MCarbo upgrades installed with the exception of the Stainless Steel Recoil Spring Retainer. I actually thought I was getting that SS retainer as part of the buffer upgrade, but it was put into a kit format just after I did my upgrades. None the less I agree the MCarbo upgrades have made the Ruger PCC a much better rifle. I’m not sure I can state with certainty I have noticed any significant reduction in recoil, but then the 9mm rounds in the PCC are not generating any recoil concerns to begin with. I would rate the charging handle, trigger & spring kit, and extended mag release the “must-have” upgrades and the other upgrades are nice to have and will probably give extended life.

The Ruger PCC is fun to shoot off-hand at 25 & 50-yard targets. As I get better accustomed with the trigger, optics, and get more rounds through the action, my scores on the respective target are starting to improve . . . which is my goal.

Word of caution on the PCC flag model ( 19121 ) If you use the alcohol prep pad for the adhesive cheek riser or have to remove and reposition the cheek riser that (flag) finish will come off. It’s a rather shoddy application of those subdued red, white, & blue colors.

1 Like

I haven’t done a writeup yet but I took the recoil reduction to another level…down that is… :grinning:
don’t think anyone has done this! Yes it feels like a 10/22 now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ever hear of Sorbothane?

2 Likes

LimbSaver recoil pads offer the same slip on pad in different sizes.

2 Likes

@DirtSalior “LimbSaver recoil pads offer the same slip on pad in different sizes.”

No affiliation of the two companies and the internals and options that do the recoil “work” are entirely different.

My writeup will be a 3-part layout.

The cold weather has set me back with the testing. I’ve done some, but I’m doing it in T-shirt weather so I get the full recoil effect…as best as I can.

1 Like