M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger 10/22 Takedown Lite backup/iron sights do-able?

M*Carbo, would love to see your take on an iron sight solution for the Ruger 10/22 Takedown Lite. I assume there are a lot of these out there and it’d be worth investigating, at least. A red dot is great but would enjoy some simple iron sights for plinking.

It is a shame that there is no tap or setup for a front/rear sight pair. I wonder if there is warping on the barrel due to heat or other “punishment” so they skipped it deliberately, thus requiring a scope or other “advanced” optic (and hence making it less “lite”.) Though it would probably be mitigated from the shroud and the tension on the lite’s barrel.

I haven’t yet seen a solution for this. A front lower rail would be nice too, maybe a mod. design that provides a front lower rail AND a front sight solution! Upper rail on front would allow maybe a flip-up sight pair, rear being mounted on the factory weaver rail. Those vents do make things tricky…

Consider it!

1 Like

@dirty_magazines Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

3 Likes

welcome to the forum bud

1 Like
1 Like

thanks but the t.d. lite doesn’t have any front barrel connection hardware on it… it’s just a shrouded barrel the terminates with a threaded muzzle/protector.

sorry am i missing something about this link? how would this front sight component be attached to the t.d. lite?

2 Likes

hmm i guess this would provide a front sight mount:

2 Likes

that will work, you just have to shim to the right height and do a light /laser align. depending on the thickness of your thread protector, it could be milled flay and then affixed to that. not a straight bolt on, but easily adaptable.

1 Like