M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ruger 10/22 Anyone?

This is a long overdue video review.

Howard

11 Likes

Been saying I’m going to build a 10-22 clone for a while, maybe this year I’ll finally get to it.

5 Likes

Yep, my wife purchased a takedown for me. I added the Magpul Backpacker stock and a Williams peep with a rail.

9 Likes

I really like that stock.

5 Likes

My Ruger 10/22 pistol (on top vs. my AR-15 on bottom)… yep… still considered a pistol.

I like the way they have the same length from my shoulder to the grip, trigger, and optic.

9 Likes

Here’s my 10/22 build.

10 Likes

This has been on this site before, but I guess I need to post it here too.

11 Likes

And the cool configurations just keep on coming!

Howard

7 Likes

@Jperr Cool looking laminate on that stock. :+1:

8 Likes

@Jperr

Is that Boyds Forest Camo Laminate?

It is gorgeous at any regard. Thought long and hard about my Pepper that is incoming, and Forest Camo was very intriguing, but I was scared to try since they couldn’t render it onto my stock.

7 Likes

@Dred

No, not a Boyds. The company is called Revolution Gun Stocks. The model I got is called the “extreme takedown stock”. I think they do have a forest color in that line up, but not 100 % on that. Check out their website. It does make the gun feel much better too. Can’t speak to the Boyds, but this one is quality. Not inexpensive, but the quality is there.

7 Likes

I have a 10/22 Carbine that sat wrapped in a rifle sock in my garage attic for a couple of decades. I took it out cleaned it up, had the barrel borescoped to ensure it is safe, added an extended magazine release a scope and a tripod and it still shoots like a new weapon! I love it! I use it just for plinking at the range.

8 Likes

I have 3, one is a '72 that until recently was bone stock. I put a set of NoDak Spud sights on it which is almost as good as putting on a scope. My “tack driver” is a Target Model that’s mostly stock internally save for an auto bolt release. I dropped it into a Magpul stock.

2 Likes

Just curious…was there a reason for your 10/22 to be wrapped in a rifle sock in my garage attic for a couple of decades? None of my business really. Just curious.

3 Likes

No problem. The other things in life; career, raising 2 kids through college graduation, keeping up the house and the lawn etc. Thought it was just time to get back into an old hobby!

6 Likes