M*CARBO Brotherhood

Rossi Revolver Class Action Settlement Reached

This settlement announcement covers models R35102, R35202, R85104, R97206, R97104, R46202 and R46102 made between 2005 and 2017. The revolvers have a serial number stamped on the frame beginning with the letters Y, Z, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, or K.

A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit claiming that certain Rossi brand revolvers are defective in that they could unintentionally fire when dropped. The Defendants Forjas Taurus, S.A., and BrazTech International L.C. (doing business under the brand “Rossi”) issued a warning about these safety concerns in September 2018. Rossi, however, denies all allegations of wrongdoing and liability alleged in the lawsuit, and the Court has not decided who is right. The parties have agreed to settle.

The Settlement includes owners of Rossi brand .38 Special and .357 Revolver models R35102, R35202, R85104, R97206, R97104, R46202 and R46102—made between January 1, 2005, and December 31, 2017 (called the “Class Revolvers”). Anyone who was prompted to visit this website (including distributors and dealers), if you have sold or otherwise transferred a Class Revolver to someone else, please inform the current owner.

The Settlement establishes an “Enhanced Warranty” allowing current or future owners to send in their Class Revolvers for inspection, repair if necessary, certification, and cleaning, all free of charge (including shipping, labor, and parts). To take part in the Enhanced Warranty, you must follow the instructions on RossiSafetyNotice.com to begin the process and obtain a shipping label for your Class Revolver. Additionally, each Class Member who takes advantage of the Enhanced Warranty and files a valid claim, when claims are available, will receive a $50 cash “Inconvenience Payment.”

THE SETTLEMENT DOES NOT INCLUDE CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY.

3 Likes

I submitted my serial number to them in August last year. They said that when they figured out what they were going to do, they would send a shipping label. Early last week I finally got the shipping label and sent it in. Thursday, July 25th, I received an email saying they received my gun and processing should take approximately 12 weeks from the date of receipt.

I hope processing means inspecting and repairing and not just getting it into the system.

I almost didn’t send it in as I’ve had zero issues with it.

4 Likes