M*CARBO Brotherhood

Roll pin punches?

While watching a video for installation of pistol parts I saw and heard a reference for roll pin punches. I was not aware that such existed, but I can see the usefulness of such. Does anyone have information on these punches? The other day I spent a little time at harbor freight and could not find such punches.

Thanks

3 Likes

they cheaper ones on amazon, but these are a decent set that will last and last.
just do not use em on anything other than roll pins. ruins the tips.
you also mingt look for a set of transfur punches if you plan on making /fabricating some of your own mounting brackets shims.
makes life a lot easier.
these punches are a good to excellent brand. on par with MAC or SNAP-ON

8 Likes

@barnetmill This is also a handy item, great starter for those short pins. Roll pin holder set

5 Likes

Well said Buck !:+1::+1: The proper hammer on the Other end of the Spectrum also helps in the Long life of the same. 2 things I learned in Early Life ya don’t loan out your drill set or punch sets’ Just say No’ :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

@Festus I learned something this am’:grinning: All I ever had was needle nose pliers, and Hemostats! but hell I am older than dirt’:rofl:

4 Likes

@DivaMarie Yeah, I might even have to break down and buy a set! Been using said needle nose/hemostats so long now…

3 Likes

thats why my Lathe level, my pin gauges, magbase dial calipers, hell even my sterret tri-square protractor stays locked up.I once caught a apprentice using my adjustable dividers as a scratch scribe… once

4 Likes

Did he Live?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Yes’ But was Unemployed in the same five minutes!

3 Likes

he decided on another career choice by the end of the day… after the scribe incident, i put him hand stoning beat/eat up steam turbine casing half’s, with Norton hard stones. by hand. just him, and a log keeper …

3 Likes

A good punch set are key gunsmithing tools.

3 Likes