M*CARBO Brotherhood

RIA 10mm FS Ultra

Hi all! Here’s a new one you might like!

Howard

11 Likes

what are those “sawtooth” canvas Micarta grips? that whole setup looks sweet and clean. Hows the recoil?

3 Likes

Sharp looking shooter. Nice shooting. Fresh flattop. :grinning:

4 Likes

@hrfunk Can’t go Wrong with RIA Got 2 of the TCM’s love them.

5 Likes

@hrfunk
Howard; what happened?

2 Likes

My bad … But, I’m really - not Howard, so …

I’m not Howard, but I had noticed that YouTube did not mark videos I watch in the forum as viewed by my YT account. I also don’t get the option to thumbs up or comment about videos I watch in the forum - these metrics are important to Howard at YT.

If you click where watch in the n YT is underlined the video plays in YT.

3 Likes

Sorry. Try it now.

Howard

4 Likes

I got 1 RI, a “GI” plane jane. I put a set of the Houge slabs on it, thats been about it except shoot. got it on a “its a lemon” boot swap. less than 20 rounds thru it, wouldnt feed with a full mag.
easy fix. put one of my Mcormick mags thru it with 7. functioned perfect. same with my GI mags. Replaced the spring in the factory 8 rnd magazine, smoothe as butter . bad spring.
been thinking about adding a bushing style muzzle brake/recoil comp to it, just cause, anybody else run one? they just show or are they actually go as well?

4 Likes

works for me HR!!!:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

I’ve got to say, for my first experience with an RIA pistol, I’ve been quite pleasantly surprised. Last year I tried out a Llama .38 Super (Also made in the Philippines), and I could not get it to run reliably at all. Because of that, I approached the purchase of the RIA with a bit of trepidation. Happily the new 10mm is running well and demonstrating some impressive accuracy. I’m looking forward to my next trip to the range with it.

Howard

5 Likes

@GOBLIN I had good luck with the Wilson Mags, for my RI 38/22tcm/9mm. They Aren’t Cheap but better than the Factory Ones,Of course I still lube the cases of the Factory Ammo I got from Overseas,because they didn’t in Assembly for some of the Earlier Batches.

4 Likes

Thank you! Presently I am evaluating 10mm magazines. You may see an update video in the future. Stay tuned!

Howard

4 Likes

Just an FYI … in 10mm:
I have Tripp Cobras that are 100%
I have some Wilson Combats made and branded for Sig that are 100%
I have some flush fit Metalforms that are 100%
And, I have 2 Mec Gars that used to run my RIA 10mm just fine but won’t run my Silverback to save a life.

Now, quiet as kept … I’m also pretty likely to toss a couple quality 45ACP mags in the kit when packing to play. IME, 10mm runs fine from 45ACP mags in a pinch.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Howard

2 Likes