M*CARBO Brotherhood

Replica/LEO Training Firearms

I own two LEO practice pistols… one of my Glock 43 and the other my Glock 17. These are exact replicas in every detail. The G43 (Blue) was $62 and the G17 was $70 (Yellow).

They are great for training people unfamiliar with my weapons before actually taking them to the range. They are also perfect for holstering techniques, learning to fire through sites, correct pistol positions, etc.

Does anyone else own these for their pistols or carbines? I have actually seen replica/LEO AR15’s and shotguns.

1 Like

Seen everything from glocks to berettas to AR to shotguns. They are a useful tool for some training and just fun conversation pieces.
There’s usually always a few on ePray.

2 Likes

To our resident expert… @hrfunk

Howard are these used in LEO training? What advantages and disadvantages do you see?

Thank you… Brian

Really looking at the blue 43, did you add in the finger grip yourself? Nice touch :+1:t2:

1 Like

@Thatoneguy Good eye J and thank you. I have Pearce pinky grips on all my G43 magazines so I decided to add one to the Blue gun for consistency. Used a dremel, small screw, and some super glue. Not the prettiest job but it mirrors the real firearm this way.

I also put dabs of fingernail polish on the sites.

The manufacturer is “Ring’s”.

1 Like

Here ya go…
https://www.firequest.com/FQ-RED.html
Or
https://www.firequest.com/FQ-GLOW.html

1 Like

I use the training guns or dummy guns for my leather work to get the right fit on holsters. There is companies like the blue guns that are as close to exact dimensions as can be for molded toys. But there is alot of pop up companies with 3d printers making these dummy guns and the specs arent near as close.

1 Like

@HandyDave It pays to pay. Both of mine fit perfectly in my various holsters. I use a Fierce Defender for AIWB conceal carry and Safariland retention holsters for open carry. These training guns fit the EXACT same as the real ones. Great to practice your draw motions and mechanics.
Never thought of how good they must help a leather holster maker… and perhaps keep the holster from changing shape over time. Basically put one of these replicas in a leather holster before storing long-term… like what a shoe stretcher can do to keep your shoes fitting good over time(?).

1 Like

Another great thing now is they make alot of the popular gun models like glock and sig and many more in bb or pellet guns. And for a little more then the dummy guns you get the feel of real deal and have some cheap target fun.

1 Like

@HandyDave Biggest problem is that they are TOO realistic… down to the color. Could get someone not being prudent killed. I like the bright colored replicas better.

3 Likes

This cerekote job i seen online pokes a few holes in the brightly colored is safer idea :laughing: i like the bb guns for training and muscle memory exercises over the molded plastic trainers simply for the fact theres more functions like racking the slide and dropping and loading mags. So it is a little closer mimic of real action.

1 Like

Seen this one?

3 Likes

Some of the training I’ve seen with them at the academies I’ve been to are:
Learn/practice at quick deploying a long gun from the locking blocks in some cruisers (Camden NJ tactical unit)

What the San Antonio academy called “Crowd Patrol” which entailed “subtly” keeping tabs on your holstered sidearm while patrolling an unruly crowd. It seemed mainly to be keeping your hand on your duty belt and lower forearm on the gun itself meaning they have to grab at you before they can grab at the gun.

Naperville Il (I think) did basically a “keep away” which was pretty much wrestling with and taking a person down while keeping your sidearm away from them. If they got a hand on it, you lost.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have used them, and they work well for those times when you’re instructing and you want to be absolutely certain you can’t fire a live round. Virtually any classroom instruction can be conducted with them. You can also practice drawing/holstering, disarming techniques, and just about anything else that requires a firearm but doesn’t involve putting a bullet through something.

Howard

3 Likes

Our agency used them. I also remember red ones as well.
Very useful in defensive tactics training .

I have also seen many different weapon designs(all Blue) at gun shows. Vendors used them to let people pick the exact holster out for their personal firearm.
Larry

2 Likes