M*CARBO Brotherhood

Replacing Trigger SUB2000

All Things SUB-2000!
i ordered a complete trigger kit and would like to know if anyone has any advice or tricks to installing.

5 Likes

@vrsc04 Hi David. The install is very straightforward. Just take your time and use the installation video as your guide. Try to watch the video once before starting, then watch it as you go along. The only point that I got a little confused was on the Trigger Bar spring alignment, but after replaying that part a few times, I got it figured out.

BTW, you are going to love the new trigger.

9 Likes

i just watched the video looks simple enough! thanks for the response!

5 Likes

Just take your time and follow the video closely. Chris brings up the areas where you may have issues and provides a way to double check. Also when putting the two halves back together , do another double check to be sure everything is in place and tighten the screws in the order Chris does. Be aware you will be putting that black lock-tite on the buffer collar lock threads. So you may want to get all the upgrades you want prior to putting in the trigger kit, so you don’t have to go back in later. The trigger upgrade is well worth it.

6 Likes

M*CARBO offered a complete upgrade kit that’s the one i bought. thanks!

5 Likes

@vrsc04: Good advice from the brothers!! I would advise also reading the thread: https://forum.mcarbo.com/t/polishing-trigger-parts-hammer-sear-trigger-bar/1630 to achieve some spectacular results with reducing trigger pull weight. With M*carbo parts and reading @TriggerHappy thread, I achieved sub 3 lb trigger pull. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Not knowing what mag style sub2k you have allow me to share something I discovered. I have the multi mag version and didn’t think to switch the mag plate over to the extended mag release, needless to say I had to take the weapon apart again. Other than that little bit of advice the installation went great per the video.

3 Likes

That’s awesome @russ! Glad you found my thread helpful :+1:

4 Likes

Good to hear that thread is helping more folks !

4 Likes

Hello, Brotherhood! I’m not new to the Sub2K — found my first Gen 1 about 6 years ago and LOVE it! I have modified the exterior with Red Lion foregrip and it’s awesome. I am new to the M*Carbo brotherhood and thank you all for the great information you share! I’m ready to upgrade my interior — before this I didn’t know we could! I have a Gen 1 Sig magazine; When I do my trigger package upgrade and extended mag release, what mods do I need to make to the mag release? Second question — does anyone know where I can find a Gen 1 User’s Manual? I lost mine due to a hard drive crash. KelTec only has the Gen 2 online. Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

@bigmac2342,
In your browser type in,
sub rifle 2000-textfiles.com
That will bring up a link to a 20 page pdf file for the Gen 1 Sub 2000.

Type in the whole line, not just what’s showing up here in blue.

2 Likes

If that doesn’t work for you try,
textfiles.com>pdf>keltec-sub2000

Once again, type in the whole line, not just what’s showing in blue. If you just click on the blue link you will get a not found error message.

2 Likes

Thanks, Tex! Just what I needed!

3 Likes

Received my MCarbo complete trigger and recoilless charging handle plus buffer today. 1 hour install slowly and methodically watching the video online triple checking everything over and over. Put a trigger scale on the before and after and was floored! This thing is smooth as butter and a ton less creep. Here are the average of 5 pull before and after.
Glad I am off all next week to burn some rounds thru my new and improved sweetness!

10 Likes

Took the rebuilt Sub2K to the indoor range…at maximum distance of 25 yards and “shooting in” the barrel slowly…had a few wild ones but as the day progressed the center of my target got completely blown out. And polishing the feed ramp had zero carbon build up after 300 rounds! Proof is in the shooting with the MCarbo full trigger upgrade!

9 Likes

After doing the complete trigger job on my sub 2000, the e-clip must have gotten bent when I couldn’t remove it with the armorers tool. Now the safety sits so far out that the safety pin looks like it may fall out. Can the e-clips be replaced so that hopefully the safety and pin and spring will sit further in the frame?

4 Likes

They can be ordered from KT.

5 Likes

They always look like they are fixing to fly out. When I got my first S2K I just knew that safety detent and spring were gonna go flying. All 3 of my S2K’s look like that. I too have bent those little e’clips but just used a needle nose pliers to straighten them back out. All that being said, I do carry spare springs, clips, firing pins, etc. in a little spare parts kit in my pack.

8 Likes

Its good to know that I am not the only one thinking this.
Thanks

4 Likes

Does anyone use torque settings when doing the internal changes to the trigger?

4 Likes