M*CARBO Brotherhood

Remington Ammunition Manufacturing Bankrupt

Perhaps this is part of the ammo shortage?

UPDATE: The Wall Street Journal report on which this post was based was premature. JJE Capital Holdings has put in a bid for Remington’s ammunition business. However we’ve spoken to Remington and the JJE bid is one of a number that have been received, both for Remington as a whole and for individual business lines. Most haven’t been made public yet.

The bankruptcy court has until September 17th to accumulate all bids and then will finalize the sale(s) on September 24th.
Two manufacturing facilities are on the list.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Some kind of major screw up for an ammunition manufacturer to go belly up in this environment. Too many golden parachutes and/or overpaid execs?

6 Likes

Guess they anticipated too much money going to attorneys for Sandy Hook…which isn’t over.

3 Likes

Why don’t the “Sandy Hook Families” also sue the lead manufacturers, the steel manufacturers, the aluminum manufacturers, the CNC equipment manufacturers etc?

8 Likes

Wonder what’s gonna come of the Sandy Hook Lawsuit with this pending dissolution …

Here’s hoping Ruger takes care of my darling Marlin 22s. And I wonder how they handle learning lever magic. Took Remington the better part of 10 years to build’m decently after abandoning the craftsmen that knew the game. Could be a great thing.

Team PSA picking up the ammo manufacturing is simply wonderful news.

Vista Outdoor, Inc. (Federal/CCI) - Lonoke (Arkansas) Ammunitions Business
Roundhill Group, LLC - the non-Marlin Firearms Business
Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. - Barnes Ammunitions Business;
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. - the Marlin Firearms Business
JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Team PSA) - the DPMS,H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands;
Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc. - the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets;
Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc. the Tapco brand.

10 Likes

The hearing to approve the winning bids will take place on Tuesday, September 29.

5 Likes
6 Likes

If there is one thing we need to get done is TORT reform.

2 Likes

As much as I agree with you I doubt it will ever happen. Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Whats that old saying? hope springs eternal. But, we get another four Trump years anything is possible.

2 Likes

UMWA also says the company is refusing to pay severance and vacation benefits required under its collective bargaining agreement, calling the decision “a slap in the face.”

3 Likes

Stinks much worse than this. Turns out that the Roundtree Group that bought Remington is/was a front for the very CEO that drove Remington to bankruptcy.

5 Likes

and the politicians, and sales people, and retailers, and parents of the shooters for raising stupid kids, and the grand parents, and my ass.

6 Likes

Sounds like the ammo production is getting back in full force. :grin::boom::boom::boom:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/4/12/big-green-is-back-remington-ammo-plant-working-247?fbclid=IwAR0G8N-HZJJH9LaK__XGscTOhriluZ6K0HihbZuo5jvp92pKRXgZtXdCGYY

4 Likes

@MountainHunter Prices are still way out of round ! :thinking:
Oh I forgot I don’t need any’ In fact I need to get rid of what I got here real soon before I sh** the bed’ :frowning:

4 Likes

@DivaMarie are you stocked up on Remington ammo?

Cant say I buy the 22 LR ammo they make. Much prefer CCI and Aquila.

4 Likes

I still believe that everyone was waiting for Biden’s executive order to ban the sale of guns and ammo before they started manufacturing and selling more ammo. Now it is past, we will see more ammo and arms hit the floors.

4 Likes

That is the hope. Time will tell how close to pre covid prices we will see, allowing everyday people to shoot affordably.
I am seeing many more firearms avaliable at local dealers and online at decent prices

3 Likes

I don’t think the industry was waiting. Sales have risen the past few years. With empty warehouses and distributor/retail shelves, income/profit stops too.

All in all and adding a ton of new buyers, covid etc…it was just the “perfect storm”…IMHO…:face_with_monocle::rage::rage::rage::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes