M*CARBO Brotherhood

Red, White & Blue - July 15 PCC Invitational

K … so … thanks to all the folks that came out and shot with me in June; I had a blast. And, I am inviting y’all to shoot with me again this month.

This is Pistol Caliber Carbines off-hand at 15 yards. Pistol Caliber AR Pattern pistols are welcome to compete with their longer barreled cousins. Slings are allowed. Talking to your target while punching holes is encouraged. Shooters may enter as many PCCs as they can shoot before 15 July.

New this month … you must qualify. Qualifying is easy. Post a pic of the PCC or like firearm to this thread and you are qualified with that firearm. Entries will not be posted to this thread. PM your actual entries to me - @Dred.

We’re going to shoot this target in July: https://www.mcarbo.com/Targets/Bulls-Eye.pdf - Black & White prints are acceptable.

Take 5 shots. Shots score the highest value they touch. Max score is 60.

Your submission must include a picture of your scored, signed target with the PCC.

So … warm up those Sub 2000s, Ruger PC Carbines, HiPoints, Scorpions, Camp Carbines, 1894s, Mechtecs, Vectors, etc. And remember, you can enter as many PCCs as you can shoot. Clarification for folks that own duplicates in the same caliber - pick one.

7 Likes

Ruger made a Blackhawk in .30 carbine, does that make an M1 Carbine a PCC? Just askin for a friend…

3 Likes

Your friend can decide. If he or she feels 30 Carbine is a pistol round - it can play.

Right up front, I will say that BFR and TC Contender do not qualify any rifle cartridges for the PCC Showdown.

Also … shooters under 18 may shoot 22lr as PCC.

3 Likes

Anyone know of any fireworks shows that will happen this 4th of July?
I am certain there will be a lot of homegrown, individual shows, all have been cancelled around here.

Our town council said to expect an increase in self inflicted hand jobs this summer. (Wtf did he say?)

5 Likes

They called that masturbation where I’m from… :grinning:

8 Likes

What if I’m… young in my heart?!

5 Likes

I plan to shoot and enter with the Sub 2000 below.

Sub 2000 June 2020_sm

5 Likes

First I was like… Red, White & Blue is cool, but I’m Canadian…
And then I realized that I’m still a citizen of Russia, so these colors work quite well for me! :ru:
Going to use this baby:

If she behaves, I will probably unfold her too! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

My entry.thumbnail (11)

3 Likes

My Entries (will edit in pics):

9mm AR Pistol

9mm Sub 2000

10mm HiPoint

Marlin 1894CS

460 Rowland Mechtech

2 Likes

List of Entrants

@JoeFridaySays - 9mm Sub 2000 - target received
@Teddy_the_Beer - 9mm Sub 2000
@denniscoon - 9mm Sub 2000
@Dred - 9mm Sub 2000
@Dred - 9mm AR Pistol
@Dred - 10mm HiPoint
@Dred - 38sp 1894CS
@Dred - 460 Rowland Mechtech
@Stircrayzy - Sub 2000
@CatFood - Sub 2000

2 Likes

Im banking on being able to go shoot by 7/15, so im in on tryin lefty for this round.
Mseries Sub2k 9mm.

4 Likes

I am heading to the range today. Since I am not a competition shooter, the term offhand was a bit unclear. Some quick internet research revealed the following definition which is what I plan to use.

The shooter must stand on both feet while supporting the rifle with both hands, the shoulder or upper arm and the cheek. The arm that supports the rifle may rest on the hip or side of the body. The other arm must grasp the rifle at the pistol grip.

The same site described acceptable ways to use a sling but my rifle does not have one so I did not focus on that. Since sling use is permitted though, others may want to know of any limitations that may apply.

2 Likes

Ha, glad you checked. Thats my standard range stance, but in my world , we refer to off hand as shooting opposite lefty or righty from what you shoot natural. I wouldve been handicapping myself for nothin !

3 Likes

I’ll toss in my entry. A few questions, dumb as they may be lol. I’m guessing the targets will be printed on 8.5 x 11 paper? And can I use a red marker to color the center dot. Sub2k 9mm kommiefornia edition (fin grip) will not be using the red dot, it’s on a different rifle now.

4 Likes

List of Entrants

@JoeFridaySays - 9mm Sub 2000 - target received
@Teddy_the_Beer - 9mm Sub 2000
@denniscoon - 9mm Sub 2000
@Dred - 9mm Sub 2000
@Dred - 9mm AR Pistol
@Dred - 10mm HiPoint
@Dred - 38sp 1894CS
@Dred - 460 Rowland Mechtech
@Stircrayzy - Sub 2000
@CatFood - Sub 2000
@CatFood - CZ Scorpion

@CatFood - sure to the red and yes to 8.5x11. If you have a color printer - it prints in red. https://www.mcarbo.com/Targets/Bulls-Eye.pdf

And I gotta wonder … Are HiPoint shooters, Ruger shooters, Scorpion Shooters, Sig shooters etc. skeered of the mighty Sub 2000? Why do they hide their targets?

4 Likes

@Dred I have a scorpion, just no pic of it. If I can use it without posting a pic I will lol. Or I can post a pic when I’m at the range?

4 Likes