M*CARBO Brotherhood

Red Lion Precision Front Sight?

Has anybody experience with this on a gen 2? I like that it folds down, but other than that it doesn’t look much better than the standard front sight post.

3 Likes

Probably because the “standard” front sight post is an industry standard AR-15 front sight post, which is great. Don’t like it? Change it to one of the many other drop-in options available. I run a big Dot Express white front sight post with a tritium insert. :+1:

I’ll stick with the stock front sights. Just wished it’d be more user friendly with the elevation…

1 Like

@Cygee Use an AR-15 sight adjustment tool, it makes life easier.

2 Likes

Has anyone run this sight with the MCARBO replacement sight? Is there enough elevation adjustment on it to match the higher replacement sight? I agree the only allure to this sight would be that it folds.

1 Like

1 3 7

5 Likes

@Firedog interesting front sight post. Can you provide details such as manufacturer, cost, and operational aspects?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Oops…never mind I should have read the title of the thread! :blush:

2 Likes

I am currently running that set up after blowing up two ktec front sights. The RL sight works real good and is very solid. The only issue I have is the Mcarbo peep sight keeps falling forward, no matter how much I tighten it, and yes I use blue loctite. The RL sight is a bit pricey, but is worlds away from the the Ktec sight.

3 Likes

which generation sub 2000 Gin?

2 Likes

got a question for guys with the RL front sight, the RL installation instructions does not specify any thread lock on the barrel or anywhere.

I have considered using Rocksett on the barrel threads since you can still remove it without heating it up and has blue threadlocker strength. Has anyone done this? Is it necessary - any issues with things loosening up?

1 Like

I thought I add some pics of the Red Lion front sight and Mcarbo’s excellent muzzle brake, this is in test fit mode right now I haven’t tightened anything down yet.

nothing locked down, no jam nuts yet

top view:

3/4 top view:

Updated the front post (which works great with the MCarbo rear peep sight):

3 Likes

Couple more:

This picture does not do the MCarbo rear peep sight, the RL front sight with Blitzkrieg post any justice.

They all work together for a very nice sight picture.

7 Likes

Nice front post … Is this tritium filled … the one use has tritium …

3 Likes

Haven’t had this problem with the MCarbo rear sight, regarding falling down … the problem I have encountered is that it will not go up all the way everytime the gun is unfolded, so if you are not aware of this happening, your shots will be off target initially until you manually pull it up, once up it stays there …

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but I don’t think that the Mcarbo sight is designed to auto-deploy. Pretty sure that’s what the lever is mostly for.

3 Likes

The more I see that RLP front sight the more I want it

5 Likes

Mine auto deployed flawlessly until I pulled it and then replaced it from memory. I recall wondering which bits fit where putting it back, so I was not surprised to lose auto deployment.

3 Likes