M*CARBO Brotherhood

Red Lion Forend Fit

Anyone have trouble installing the Red Lion Precision forearm on a Gen 2? I can’t seem to get it to fit and I am trying to figure out if I’m doing anything wrong or maybe got a bad piece! I’ve did the full MCARBO work over on everything but when I went to install the forend I just can’t get it to work, it doesn’t seem to want to slide far enough up on the barrel to mount.

1 Like

Hi mr. adventure. Are you starting with the small piece that fits around the barrel nut first?

1 Like

I installed mine a few months ago. No problems that I can recall. I would suggest you take it apart and start from scratch. I did a trigger job 2 weeks ago and had problems. Nothing on the manufacturers of the parts problem, just me trying to rush through the assembly process. I also walked away from it for a few hours. Cleared my head and then came back and it went together without any problems. If this doesn’t work, call Red Lion, they will help you over the phone.

Hope it works out!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks everyone sorry for the delay its been a crazy week. I was able to finally get it installed not sure what the initial problem was lol it finally just tightened down. I didn’t change anything I was doing just tried one more time and it went so I don’t know if the clamp had something keeping it from closing down on the barrel or what. Thanks for all the assistance though!

2 Likes

I understand completely!!! I recently installed the M Carbo complete trigger kit. I had to walk away from it for a few hours. I came back and it went together with no issues.

2 Likes

As we use to say on the railroad, you just weren’t holding your mouth right. It’s amazing how getting away from something and then coming back to it and it just jumps together…!
Good job…!

1 Like