Red Dots For Pistols

Oh yes your correct. Been down this road and still can’t decide. I did decide it’s stupid for ME to go 500 or so for a red dot.

I want at least two sooooooo.
I actually think I’m currently going to HoHo me for Christmas and get the Viper and the Holosun 507C. :wink:

Larry

12 Likes

@LarrySr

If you want the Viper, Palmetto State Armory is STILL running that $80 off sale with the promo code “viper” at checkout. That brings that price down to $149. Just saying. Jump on it.

6 Likes

Thanks much Joseph

Just got that one in Black and I also picked up another sig red dot FDE for something else. :wink:

Currently working on the Holosun FDE 507C :grin:

Larry :innocent:

7 Likes

I think you’ll like the Viper. Yes, it has some short comings. But it is still a solid optic for the price ppint and I love shooting with mine. Best of luck with it and the rest of your search.

6 Likes

yes, and dummy me …I’m beginning to believe there is no such thing as a FDE Holosun 507C. :rofl: :rofl:

Larry

6 Likes

@Jperr Also, you can’t beat the Vortext warranty. Not many powered optics have lifetime warranties.

9 Likes

@Savage636 Fast

fire is life time on both that I have.

6 Likes

I was really starting to lean Fast Fire III. But, again, it doesn’t fit the PDP cut out. Kind of annoyed by that. But the Viper isn’t bad, and it does sit very low. I can ALMOST cowitness with the factory sights.

4 Likes

I was sure they had many adapter plates for the 2 and the 3’ on my 22 tcm I had to remove rear sight for the adapter was not fun and then there is the problem with front sight height and finding one that helps with the co witness thing.

2 Likes

Looks like the twin to my 365, except I;m running a 407k.
I’m right handed, and left eye dominant, so I have to look at the target, through the lens, and have found with my 510Cs that the circle dot makes it just a little more difficult to see the target

2 Likes

Vortex has an excellent warranty.
When your dot pukes, or, the dot won’t hold zero, just call them and they will send you a call tag, and either repair, or replace it

6 Likes

Just in case you want further information about Vortex I have a story.
I ordered a Vortex Venom last month from palmetto state armory.
When it arrived I had a terrible experience trying to get the battery in to the battery compartment.

After hours of fooling with it I searched the enet and found out I was not alone with this issue. It (my guess) appears the compartment is to small or the battery is to big. Once again my guess.

I tried again but when I finally after totally scaring the cap and cross threaded either the battery cap or the compartment itself or both I gave up.

I went on the Vortex web site filled out hte repair request and printed it. Boxed it up and mailed it to them.

I told them it was my fault completely and would pay for repairs no problem. No excuses at all.

Two days letter I get a nice e mail telling me it was received and they keep me updated.

About 3 days later they sent me a e mail telling me it was repaired and shipped back to me.

Today I received a brand new sight with no bill for anything.
I opened it and within 5 minutes I had the battery in it and it works perfectly

Just wanted to tell you all the story. To me it was a very impressive experience.
You can bet beside the 4 I already have I’ll be getting another Vortex product.

PS Now all three of my new RDO Beretta’s have Vortex red dot pistol sights. :innocent:

17 Likes

I have 2 Vortex 2 MOA Crossfire Red Dots and the Micro 3-X flip magnifier.
Great products and warranty is excellent and fast. :+1::sunglasses::boom::boom::boom:

Gonna have to get a pistol one next…:+1:

6 Likes

For the price, Vortex is pretty solid stuff. Their warranty is essentially no-fault, no proof of purchase necessary and you don’t even need to be the original owner.

Our VIP warranty is about you, not us.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex® product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn’t matter how it happened, whose fault it was or where you purchased it. If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods and monoculars.

UNLIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
FULLY TRANSFERABLE
NO RECEIPT NEEDED

The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.

14 Likes

This is a fact. I beat that thing to hell trying to get a battery in it. I honestly thought they would laugh at me. I would not have had any ill feelings if they had.

15 Likes

Think I told y’all sent them a product back that I didn’t buy… it was broken… I broke it some more. I didn’t even lie to them about that. Weeks later… brand new product. No charge. Vortex will get my business when possible. :+1::us:

14 Likes

Hi ALL
A beautiful Saturday in East Tennessee after a 21 degree wake up. :cold_face:

Well I finally got all 3 of my new RDO Beretta’s fixed up with Vortex glass.
in some nice cases and good to go. I like them. :grinning:

On to two Bush master AR-15 I just ordered to play with when they come in.
Still playing, so much fun being retired. Just can’t get much better IMHO
You are going to enjoy it if you get there. :wink:

13 Likes

@LarrySr , did you have any of the slides milled for red dots? If so, who did the work?

I am looking for someone to mill my slide for a Beretta 92x performance, but the safety is on the frame.

4 Likes

Scott
I did not have them milled. All three of those just recently came out and are the first Beretta has ever made that come RDO from the factory.
I wanted one of those 92X Performance Berettas. But the price with out it being RDO from the factory pushed me to the other 92X models.

For that much money I couldn’t go for it.
There are companies that do what you want but it’s gonna cost. Try this site:
[

Langdon Tactical

](https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjUg9fHkfj2AhUzIUQIHXugCToQFnoECAgQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Flangdontactical.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw2ccQSttszP7duSLzpNqnYV)

Heck it would be a lot less expensive just to buy a new 92X model , not another performance that already in RDO from the factory.

Or better yet and M9A4 it’s RDO, threaded barrel, FDE and 3 each 18 round magazines $999.00 MSRP The other two 92X models I know of are going for about 7 to 8.

I do think your performance model is nice.

Goos luck.
Larry

4 Likes

I did look at Langdon Tactical, but they do not mill slides for the 92X performance. Oh well, i just may have to take your advice and buy an M9A4 down the road.

5 Likes