M*CARBO Brotherhood

Red Dots For Pistols

So with my soon to be acquired Walther PDP, I’m looking for info on what red dots work best with a pistol. I’m looking at a Swampfox or a Vortex. Probably the Viper because I’ve read that the Venom doesn’t work that great with the PDPs cut out. :unamused:Too big it seems. I did read that you could file down the metal and make it fit, but I’m positive that you could kiss your warrantee goodbye. Any info is appreciated, like the best dot size(3 or 6 moa), sight picture, glass clarity and anything else. Not looking to break the bank here and pay $400 or more. $200 - 250 range would hurt, but be doable. Never shot a red dot before so help a brother out here.

5 Likes

@Jperr Fast Fire 2 0r 3 have no Complaints on Either of These’ Have the 3 mounted on My PMR 30 and the 2 on My RI 22 TCM’

5 Likes

@Jperr I was in same boat. I bought the PDP and put my first red dot on a pistol. Holosun 507c x2. I like it alot.I paid about $280.?
2moa chevron inside 32moa circle

3 Likes

@mgmargate
Actually going for $309.99 on Amazon now so that is around the price range. Could you post a pic of your PDP with it on there? As are both Fastfires @DivaMarie. Thanx. These 2 were not even on my radar.

3 Likes

6 Likes

@mgmargate
Looks bad ass on there.

5 Likes

I’d advise you to go with one that has an outer circle around the dot such as a Holosun 507C . That particular one also has a solar panel that really extends your battery life!
No matter what you choose, TRAIN WITH IT!!! You can shoot paper all day long and think you’re good, then try and add some pressure like drawing from your holster while being timed or moving and shooting. I guarantee the first time you try this you’ll understand why I stress that. I like the Circle dot because it’s a little easier to find and draws your eye in quicker (well mine anyway).

8 Likes

@Jperr And it’s also shake awake

4 Likes

Hi ALL

I have a problem but it’s reference to what dealer.
Recently I bought my Beretta M9A4.

I have never owned a Optics Ready Firearm. This is a adventure.

I want the Trijicon RMR Type 2 Reflex Red Dot Sight Adjustable LED 3.25 MOA Red Dot Hard Anodized Coyote Brown.
#RMO6-C-700780.

Optics Planet $519.00 plus ship and tax.
Midway $529.00 free shipping tax.

Most a lot more $$ or not in stock.

Please give me some feed back with experience dealing with either of these sites. I’m good to go on either price.

Thanks much in advance.

Larry :innocent:

4 Likes

Hey Larry… I for one have never had a single problem ordering firearm accessories from OP. I have heard of issues regarding buying ammunition from them though.
Never used Midway in the past.

4 Likes

@LarrySr

I’ve dealt with both. Both are reputable. I’ve ordered more things from Midway than OP, but haven’t had any trouble with either.

6 Likes

DVOR has that red dot for less…they are part of the Optics Planet group. I have bought several things from them. No issues.

6 Likes

Thanks everyone.
I’m going to order from Optics.

Appreciate the feedback.
Larry :innocent:

5 Likes

I’ve only once ordered from OP & they were slow and annoying.
I’ve ordered dozens of times from Midway ,firearms/ammo etc and they’ve been my best vendor hands down.
Have u considered the Holosun 507c x2?? I have it on my Walther PDP and like it alot

5 Likes

I went through all the BS to ordered and by the time I actually finished it was estimated 570 with tax. I deleted it.

I just have a hard time ordering items like this on thee net. I’ll keep looking locally at the brick and mortar shops. I found two today 649. and 599. I’ll keep hunting.

Again, thanks for the information.
Larry

4 Likes

You may want a red dot for that.

6 Likes

I’m curious as to what makes the RMR worth $260.00 more than the Holosun?.I only have a red dot on 1 of my pistols but so far the Holosun seems hard to beat

4 Likes

Yea and probably a few Excedrin as well.
Larry :innocent: :innocent:

3 Likes

I’m learning.

The RMR is designed with a patented housing shape that absorbs impacts and diverts stresses away from the lens to increase durability. The RMR Type 2 LED and Adjustable LED models offer redesigned and upgraded electronics that are proven to perform when mounted on slide ride pistols and other small arms. The RMR Dual-Illuminated models offer a battery-free alternative that is just as rugged and reliable.

4 Likes

I’ve seen side by side comparisons and I wouldn’t buy the RMR over the Holosun even if it wasn’t 80% more. I just don’t see the value.
But it’s your choice. Have a good one

6 Likes