M*CARBO Brotherhood

Red Dot Sight For Kel Tec SUB2000

just for folks trying this,

i gave up on the 45deg RD approach on the mlok’s…too difficult, all the trigonometry for zero, and plastic mlok’s too fragile

and, i just filed down the crown on the top rail, and mounted a qd there

range rpt to follow

2 Likes

@500c I am not advocating this approach, but you could consider mounting the sight horizontally alongside the barrel. There is an extended discussion of possible ways to do this, including a more stable M-Lok mount approach beginning at this post:

very interesting thread; thanks
i’ll play with my setup for now

ok…I’m using a Primary Arms RDS with a Midwest Industries mount for the Sub 2K Gen 2.
at 12-15 yards its hitting about 3" - 3 1/4 " low…(height over bore?)
the elevation turret is against the stop in the UP side…
any suggestions would be appreciated…
Thanks
Dave

Which model RDS are you running?

Has anyone out there tried the Holosun HE403GL-GR Elite 2 MOA Green Dot Sight? Thinking about going over to Primary Arms and picking one up. Here’s a link to their sale.
https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-403-elite-micro-green-dot-he403gl-gr?trk_msg=VO00K4BUMP54J1U3QE5SOVA4FK&trk_contact=RAQER8A06BEHIDEOB6JFAROVQ0&trk_sid=889PVDNH65FA9K8BLM5USPVH3S&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=SLOT_3&utm_campaign=19_03_Ad36_Burning_W_Spring_Fever

2 Likes

its the Primary Arms Micro RDS…

1 Like

I have it in red. Love it. But I’m a sucker for the 65MOA helper circle, so …

2 Likes

Did you use it on your S2K? Did you need a riser with it or is it tall enough to be able to get a good cheek weld and sight picture?

2 Likes

It comes with the tall one shown at the link. It also comes with a shorty which I used on a half inch QR riser on the Sub 2000.

Sight picture was not a problem. I replaced it with the SeeAll on that same half inch QR.

3 Likes

Like Texprep said, use the high riser I have a similar design sight, 20mm TruGlo Triton, High riser made it a perfect co-witness on my gen 1 with redlion.
primary arms offers 5 different height risers, for that sight, how high do you need to go?

2 Likes

I was thinking I needed to be shorter? not really trying to co-witness…
point of impact is 3-3.225 in. low…shouldn’t have to hold over at 15 yds??:thinking::thinking:

1 Like

That sight should have something like 52 minutes of angle adjustment in both windage and elevation. That’s more than enough to move 3.5" at 25 yards. Did you file the top of the picatenny rail flat? I just mounted a Holosun, and with the advice of others here, I had to file off the crown on the pic rail to get it to mount properly. That Primary Arms sight looks like an exact copy of the Holosun I just got other than the fact I have a green dot.

3 Likes

Got a chance to take the new Holosun 403GL Elite green dot sight to the range today mounted on the new M Series S2K. Took me 5 or 6 rounds to zero in then it was on. 31 rounds of Fiocchi 115 FMJ @ 25yds. Was really pretty easy to sight in after getting it close co-witnessing with the iron sights at home. Also figured out that zeroed at 25yds, it’s about 2.5" high at 50 yds. 22281

8 Likes

good shootin, there,Tex!!

2 Likes

FireField FF26028 Impulse 1x22mm Compact Red/Green Circle/Dot

I’m currently testing this one. So far I like it a lot, for what it is.
I mounted it to test my AR-22, and shot about 25 rounds.
Out of the box, it is hitting about an inch low, but repeats every time.
I haven’t tried to zero it yet, but I think it will be an easy adjustment.

This red dot was bought just for tinkering and playing with 22LR.
But if it impresses, I may buy a few more for this price. $60 on eBay.
I like the view and the reticle way better than my Vortex StrikeFire II.
Plenty bright on the lowest setting, both red and green.
I still intend to put a Holosun 507c on my Sub.

I’ll update my results after I’ve had time to test it a bit more.

4 Likes

After further testing, I kinda wish I had never bought the Strikefire II.
I put the FireField on a 1/3CW HoloSun mount, installed on my 10-22.
From 25 yards, 2" low and 1" right from a free standing, semi-rapid, 5 round volley.
Made the adjustments and emptied what was left in the 110 round drum.
Probably around 50-60 rounds. Damn, I love that Bullet Hose Converter.

I also ran 60 rounds through my AR-22 with the StrikeFire mounted.
It was 6" right and about 4" low! I never shot at paper when it was on the 10-22,
but I know it was not out that bad. I was moving a can around the yard,
shooting just under it. So I know it was closer than 4-6" off in any direction.
The 4 MOA dot likely will find this optic a permanent home on my AR-410.

4 Likes

I bought a $20 field sport red dot only and ran 150 rounds and held zero fine, probably gonna get another one? For the price I like it.

4 Likes

I have been running a Bushnell TR-25 red dot with a quick release mount. I am very pleased with mine and so far it mounts back to original point of aim each time.

4 Likes

Last night I ordered two more FireField Impulse for $40 each.
I’ll mount one on a 5.56 AR and see how well it holds up to the extra recoil.
I would try it on my 410 AR, but it has surprisingly little recoil, very little at all.

2 Likes