M*CARBO Brotherhood

Red Dot Sight For Kel Tec SUB2000 Gen 2

The riser is just the poor man’s version of the over priced LaRue 1/4" cantilever riser. Leopold makes a very expensive one also. Mine was like $10 from a company called Tuff. The others are >$100, too rich for my blood. Tuff is steel just like the others. The vibration is because the cantilever is only 1/4" thick. The 1/2" has a 2nd player, a truss if you will, and is far more rigid and vibration would not be a factor. But there are a number of people that make 1/2" cantilever risers. I wanted 1/4" to have absolute co-witness. And fold down the rear sight when not in use.

Can you post a link? I checked your Perfect S2K thread before asking and did not see one there among all the others.
Thanks

I am having a hard time finding it specifically. But the website is www.tufforce.biz

Even though the description says .5" it looks exactly like my 1/4 inch. This one is $8.89.

the only dot ive found to cowitness, out the box, was the tru-glow triton. get some pics later tonight. but that is running a red-lion fore-arm. using the low shim that comes with it.
ive finagled a aimpoint to work (gen 2) with a GG&G cantiliver mount, and with a surplus aimpoint mount for M4, but it wouldnt cowitness. got a fast fire to cowittness by trimming the shim(batt cover)trueglow%2020%20mm%20triton%20

pics on the Red-lion gen 1.

like i said not the prettiest bell at the ball, but it works…

I’m running the Bushnell TRS-25 Hi rise for now until the new MCARBO mount comes out.

breno

would you say more about this setup? what mount/riser? where? removable? co witness both sights? foldable? stock/original steel sights?

thanks

@GOBLIN Finally got Off my Butt and Install my Thanksgiving Contest Red Lion Fore Arm
with Burris Fast Fire 3 and Their Mount’ Along with the new M*Carbo Folding rear sight,Which I Enlarged to 13/64 with Original Stock Front Sight. Perfect Cowitness.:sunglasses:

TRy Primary arms. they have an affordable dot and the battrey life is up to 5K hours, They also handle holosuns
https://www.primaryarms.com/MCategories+Red-Dots

@DivaMarie that dot pic was taken with the std keltec sights, before i changed the rear sight out… to the mcarbo folder. beside the bare bottom rail (to retain folding feature,rotate to top) that vert grip i have on it is ok, I use it on the rail on the front sight (redlion as well, sight/brake unit) I dont really like it that much, i prefer angled, but this one has a cree light (500cp) and a decent laser, so for now it stays, when the scope mounts from Chris hit the street, ( im going to have to modify to fit gen1) and i can leave the bare rail up top, i will go to a angled grip and separate light on the scope fold side… I want to use one of the TAO1’s so bad on this rifle i can taste it…

Hope this gives you somewhat of the end product.:sunglasses:

ok, i think i found it, thanks

I have the flip up rear sight and stock front sight. I run it with the rear in the down position and I the front isn’t co-witnessed. Will change to the MCARBO mount as soon as they are offered for sale!

thanks breno, v helpful

@500c Here is greater detail and pictures for you. You can see how the red dot is co-witnessed over my fluorescent green bead front sight. But usually I leave the rear folding sight down so the lens cover can open/close unobstructed.

@Gatekeeper Thank you for the better picture for Goblin! it’s what I was Trying to do with a Bad Camera’:sunglasses:

yep, the Tru-glow works out of the box for cowitness on the stock s2k - no futzing with stupid risers, etc. - it was the best solution for me!

(as an aside i got a cowitness setup on my Ruger Charger Takedown - but it involved:

• Bushnell TRS 25

• Whistlepig Acculite 10" barrel

• NDS 23 front sight

• UTG sub-compact rear sight

• PMACA Takedown chassis

• certainly not stock (but then again, it appears that few folks run the Charger in its stock configuration)

willie
on the (currently) 58F Gulf of Mexico

@linux_author

Everything on my stainless Charger is stock except Kidd Trigger & Bolt/Charging Handle.

that’s the receiver and barrel i wanted! and whoa, that Kidd trigger/bolt assembly is pricey (but worth it from what i’ve read); i do have a Kidd charger/handle on my 10/22 Takedown…

gotta love those Chargers!

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico