M*CARBO Brotherhood

Red Dot Scopes For SUB2000 (Gen 2)

Does the Primary Arms Microdot Sight (Gen II) MD-RBGII co-witness at 100% with the sights when using the MI Gen2 SUB 2000 Mini Picatinny Rail Optic Mount from Midwest Industries, or do I need to purchase a riser?

@Butch00b

I’m gonna let the third time I’ve read this question be “the charm.”

It does not cowitness. A riser will only put your dot sight higher. The mount floats the optic very high - well above the irons. MI’s design spec put the optic where it landed after clearing the bolt tube when folded. The stowed location drove their mount’s height over bore.

@Dred
Excellent explanation Milton…,

Yes, thank you @Dred, I didn’t really understand the question until I read your answer. I’m glad I didn’t move the thread somewhere else, mighta face planted you again😆

Thanks Dred! Now that I’m 60 and the eyes aren’t what they use to be I have to wear glasses. Had problems focusing on the front sight post and the target at the same time.
Sorry about the grammatical question but, wanted all the information in that question so members of the group know exactly what scope I was talking about, since there are so many variations of scopes for each maker.

Butch … stop trying, Focusing on both is only possible with the muzzle jammed into/on to the target. You want to fix your focus onto the front sight and aim it into the blur of the target. Running your focus back and forth and back again is a habit you want your training to correct. Once you’ve identified your target - it’s all about the front sight and sight alignment. The next time you focus on your target, it should be down.

Aim small to help ensure the target falls quickly. E,g, if a BG tattoo’d his face or neck - I’d target the tattoo and be done quickly.