M*CARBO Brotherhood

Red dot on PMR-30

Have done rebuilt kit on my Keltec and without Red dot it shoots 30 without issues. With Red dot it doesn’t work worth a dam. I have a vortex venom. I have tried the Tandem cross rail and the Keltec plate same results. Just ordered a polymer plate to decrease wt but haven’t got it yet. Have tried different ammo as well. CCI maxi mag TNT and hornady critical defense 45 gr ftx. Same result with both. Does anyone have any suggestions other than not using a red dot

1 Like

pic of where and how you got the dot mounted.on the rail.

1 Like

There is only one place to put it on slide. It is off now. I just placed the rd on gun and took pics. First is Tandemkross and second is keltec base

3 Likes

ok pull the cover, show me a pic of how the rail mounts.
with the sight off it cycles fine with the sight on what exactly is it doing not ejecting, not extracting or not reloading period.
as its not in my hand i have to ask a bunch of seemingly meaningless questions.

2 Likes

Do you have the mount screws to tight? I had the Tandemkross mount and didn’t like how high it made the sight sit. I had no problems with mine cycling. I have since replaced it with the KelTec plate.

4 Likes

I will take that into consideration when I try it again. I see you have the threaded barrel. They say the longer barrel gives it more power to push slide back.

5 Likes

second on the over tightening. in the past seen that happen with this model.

5 Likes

Not sure if that helps or not. I did purchase the extra power recoil spring.

3 Likes

Is that a different spring than the one that comes with the rebuild kit from Mcarbo

5 Likes

I did the total rebuild and have the extra power spring installed

5 Likes

I purchased the extra power spring before I added the sight.

4 Likes

you got the freedom rail correct? from tandumcross? all 4 screws should be vibratite already applied. I couldnt find a torque spec anywhere, but i would call it 2 inch lbs. take the screws to snug, all 4, and add just a lil bit. any more than that and it will bind.

4 Likes

A X pattern also helps with the Problem’ 2 inch lbs is a Great Point.

4 Likes

Thanks. I usually do that. Don’t have a small torque driver

5 Likes

Finally got my pmr30 firing with red dot scope. Got a plate from Lakeline LLC and using Romeo Zero. Combo much lighter than the tandem cross and Vortex venom. Tried it this morning with no FTF and no FTF. Happy. Also thoroughly cleaned everything and took down any rough edges I found.

3 Likes

Hi , first time posting. I just got a pm 30 and I have a Romeo zero. How do I mount it on my gun ?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Crig8.

You need a mounting plate that screws onto the slide.

Use DuckDuckGo (or Google if you don’t mind being tracked) and check out what works best for you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help ! I will check them out .

3 Likes

Look at Lakeline LLC they sell a polymer plate that fits Romeo Zero. I tried Tandemcross and Keltec still had FTF and FTE. With Lakeline mount and the Romeo shot 30 without a problem

3 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing the information. I will check it out.

2 Likes