M*CARBO Brotherhood

Recommendations for .22lr scope

Hello all! Well I am wanting to finally throw a scope onto my cz 455 22lr. I need some recommendations here. It has a DIP picatiny mount. I have a Nikon prostaff efr 3-9x40 on my marlin 795 and LOVE it. Unfortunately they don’t make it or any rifle scopes that I’m aware of any more. So I’m in need of some suggestions. It needs to have parralax adjustment. I’ve looked at vortex and Leopold and there offerings are dismal. I don’t want to break the bank but would like to keep it under 250 bucks or less (less is better of course). Thank you all!

3 Likes

This article mentions the Leopold and Vortex… as well as the Nikon and Simmons.

https://www.reloaderaddict.com/best-scope-for-cz-455-review-optic-sight-varmint-cz455/

3 Likes

Thanks for the article @TexasEskimo . Those are all the ones I’ve been looking at, and they all lack parralax adjustment (I seem to affected by it more then most). But that feature is probably going to bump me to some serious cash. So I might just sacrifice parralax. I have never used Leopold scopes but they seem decent, the higher end ones. I have a vortex pts on my ar6.5cm and I like it. So I’m leaning towards vortex. But seriously can’t make up my mind lol.

Either way been saving up some coin from various side jobs I’ve been doing lately. So waiting a bit longer and saving dough isn’t a problem.

2 Likes

So no one has to google Parallax Adjustment…

3 Likes

one on ebay with a $209.Bin this the one your after

3 Likes

I’ll watch that one. Have a few I’m watching.

1 Like

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/vantage-ir-3-9x40-ao-mil-dot-ir.html

4 Likes

Nikon DID make a prostaff specifically for rimfires. Then they got out of the rifle scope business altogether last year it seems. But I have it on my 10/22 and love it. It’s a 3 x 9 power with a BDC reticle. Amazon had it for around 100 bucks, but currently unavailable. Midway has it for $120 shipped now. Not sure what your budget is, but get it while it lasts because it is discontinued.

4 Likes

So how has this one worked out for you?

6 Likes

I don’t have that one. I do have a 6-24 and a 4-16 that I definitely appreciate. They offer a wide variety of reticles. Their 3-9 22lr reticles aren’t AO ergo the milrad reticle with AO suggestion. My 4-16 has a subsonic 22lr reticle but I pushed a little outside your $250 budget to get it.

4 Likes

@Dred thanks for the input, if need be I’ll save some more cash to go a bit fancier. Got some more side gigs worked out this week.

1 Like

I’m trying to get into rimfire precision shooting, and I see that a lot of folks are using Vortex Diamondback Tactical as a budget scope. I’m running Vortex Viper PST Gen II on my Tikka T1X and I love it.
Athlon optics is also very popular here now, they are considered same or better quality as Vortex for less money. I guess the pricing should be even better in US.

Mind you, folks are using those scopes to shoot 200 yards and more (with .22LR), so it could be an overkill for you.

4 Likes

I’ve got a Bushnell AR Optics Riflescope 2-7x36m on my Ruger precision rimfire. Great scope for the price (under $200) & has parallax adjustment. Unfortunately it’s out of production. But I’ve seen some available on the interweb. American Rifleman had an article on the RPR & recommended that scope.

3 Likes

I’m looking for a scope for my .22 as well but I’m looking for something unique. I have the Ruger 10/22 Takedown and love it. When I break the rifle in half I want the scope to not protrude beyond the edge of the rifle when broken down. The reason is that when I put it in a backpack, it fits perfectly but the scope can extend too long and complete remove the compact advantage of the rifle.

2 Likes

https://outdoors.natchezss.com/bestsellers/Fixed-4x-Scope
this would be the best compact but its pricy

these aint bad and you find em used and onsale for under 200$

1 Like

For barrel mount, you need pistol scope type eye relief. For receiver mount you are looking for something short. I suggest you explore prism scopes to meet your overhang criteria. They are commonly available in 1x, 2x, 3x or 5x magnification. I’d recommend Primary Arms GLx or SLx Scopes.

3 Likes

This is fantastic advice and direction. Thanks!! I have a Primary Arms scope for my AR15 and absolutely love it. I will look at Prism scopes and PA in detail. Thanks!

3 Likes

Quick question for you @Dred on the scopes as I look through them. First, they look awesome!! Second, I see for something like the " Primary Arms 3x32 Gen III Compact Prism Scope" it offers an ACSS 7.62x39/300BO version and an ACSS 5.56 version. Considering I’m shooting a 22LR will that affect my ability to properly sight it? If I understand correctly, the scopes are made to zero at 100 yards based on the model and bullet type. I guess it would work just fine with another caliber and I would need to sight it a bit differently?

3 Likes

prism scopes will dial on any cal. but saying that on the different cals, not .556 or 7.62, the BDC impact points will be different. Ive used the Burris AR 332 on different cals. it zeros perfect but your etched BCD lines ore off depending on your cartridge cal/spec.

3 Likes

@GOBLIN Gotcha! Thanks. Makes sense. If I use it on a 22lr the zero will be accurate but using the hashes will be slightly off. This isn’t a problem. With my 22 I plan to shoot between 30 and 100 yards. I just purchased the:

Primary Arms 5x36 Gen III SLX 5 Compact Prism Scope, ACSS-AURORA-5X-5.56-METERS Reticle, Black, 710030

Code: 29R-PRD-PAC5X-710030
Color: Black, Reticle: ACSS Aurora, Illumination Color: Green, Red
Item Total: $329.99

3 Likes