Recoilless Charging Handle on CA Featureless Kit

The recoilless charging handle is so thick that I cannnot easily fit my finger (with gloves due to arthritis) between the new charging handle and the Featureless Fin (CA). Would I have the same issue with the Double Finger Charging Handle with handle covers? Please advise. Happy Holidays!

6 Likes

@Kona123 First of all Don welcome to the brotherhood! :+1: We are glad you joined the community. :us:

Without measurements and pictures all I can do is tell you that (as I recall) the double finger charging handle is about 1/2 the thickness of the charging handle you probably have now. Hope that helps in some way. Sorry to say that my knowledge of those “lifesaving” featureless fins is very limited.

6 Likes

@Kona123 I had the double finger on my previous Sub. It worked great without the covers. I think you’ll be fine with it.

4 Likes

Thats the key. If you add the covers to the double, its almost as wide as the Recoiless handle.

Not being terribly familiar with the cali regulations, i wonder if you can trim a little off the back of the fin, or if its already at some minimum surface area spec?

5 Likes

The double finger is pretty much the same thicknesses as the stock charging handle. Just longer to accommodate a second finger. If the ridiculous fin doesn’t extend at a weird angle, you would probably be fine with it.

Other than that I would say move the hell away from California. But I also realize not everyone has the means to just pick up and leave and take that financial loss. So best of luck.

4 Likes

Thanks for the speedy replies! Will give the Double Finger Charging Handle a go!

3 Likes