Recoil Pad For SUB2000

@Firedog I have the 9 and use the MCarbo Recoilless Charging Handle and the muzzle brake, also the recoil buffer ( red life saver). There is almost no recoil and no muzzle flip with this set up. I don’t think a recoil pad could make it any softer shooting.

1 Like

I have the ATI recoil butt pad installed on my Sub-2000 in .40 cal. along with recoiless charging handle, recoil buffer and muzzle break. I don’t mind the recoil of the .40 cal. but my shoulder would get brused from the Kel-Tec hard plastic butt stock so the ATI butt pad helps to reduce this and also adds about 3/4" to length of pull.

2 Likes

I would like the ATI buttpad or something similar since I can’t find it any where online just to ad the length. And as for the case length issue the muzzle break itself will already be adding length and butt pad will just even it out when folded

2 Likes

@Doitsouthstyle Yes, the ATI pad does help to even the Sub-2000 with muzzle brake when folded.

4 Likes

I made my own from a modified pistol holster. Also can carry 2 mags if I choose

4 Likes

I see you modified the front of your sub significantly. Is that the nose of a Gen1 fabricated to fit in front of…is that a Kel Tec forend? That’s rad! And what front sight are you using?

3 Likes
Full Length Forend
11" Aluminum Picatinny Rail

@Boomchucker Yes sir it is a Kel-Tec aluminum forend and I cut a piece of the original forend to fit in front of it. I actually use the old foreend piece as my hand grip for my long arms. Thanks man. I like to tinker. Stock irons front and back. Planning on upgrading to the Mcarbo notch flip up. The red dot is a cheapo my dad gave me off one of his sks

5 Likes
11" Aluminum Picatinny Rail

I haven’t found the recoil of the 9mm that bad, even without any add on’s … The 40 kicks a little … However I also have a buffer inside both of mine, I have just order the muzzle brakes for both and the recoilless charging handle … I also have Keltec’s heavy bolt in the 40 … It will be interesting to find out how much difference there is in the recoil after I receive and install the brake and charging handle … I tried the pad, but took it off, it just added length and in my opinion didn’t do a whole lot of good …

3 Likes

I’m new to this form. Primary for the Kel-Tec Sub k2 2nd gen.

5 Likes

I have purchased Mcarbo parts and I’m looking for a but stock pad that dosen leave the k2 stock marks on my sholder. But can still fold. Thanks ahead of time.

2 Likes

But until then. When I go swimming it will be easier to find other sub 2000 owners to talk too. Lol.

2 Likes

I cut a piece of that foam weather stripping to put on mine

2 Likes

They make the rubber padding that works pretty well on mine, it’s a soft rubbery substance.

If interested, it’s on Amazon

3 Likes

Weatherstripping, after and before

2 Likes

welcome to the forum
I sliced a section out of foam tube they use for water pipe insulation. I put a strip of Velcro on it and the end of the stock.

2 Likes

I like that, helps to extend the butt back, too

1 Like

Yes, it does do that, it is a bit expensive for what it is, m carbo could probably make it better and sturdier but mine came with it so I’m not complaining.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

How is that holding up for you? Saw a lot of complaints in the reviews that the ears that hold it to the stock break off and the silicon pad gets sticky.

2 Likes

Exactly ! or they get Spread Out and Wont Hold at the top, From the Front Sight

Working great for me, I haven’t had any problems with it sticky or tearing…