M*CARBO Brotherhood

Recoil Buffer Upgrade

Hello just got a sub-2000 40 cal took it to the range and wow my shoulder really took a beating so I’ve decided to try M Carbo recoil buffer after reading about the TactiCool Recoil Buffer people who have used it said the life was maybe 3 to 500 rounds. So I was wondering what the life of the M Carbo buffer is I’ve already ordered it so I’m just hoping it will last longer the TactiCool.

7 Likes

@curt32 Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

I have the buffer and have not noticed any wear since I put it in, about 900 rounds ago. Still going strong. A little blackened but still working fine.

You might want to looking to getting the following 2 items if you are trying to cut down on recoil.

3 Likes

@curt32 Welcome to the Brotherhood Tom. MCARBO’s recoil buffer has a 100% lifetime guarantee of either replacement or your money back. Can’t go wrong.:+1:

4 Likes

Ok i’ll go over and and introduce myself. And thanks guys for the heads up on the little recoil pad im sure ill be satisfied.

3 Likes

@curt32

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood, Thomas and happy shooting (once you get your ‘affairs’ in order!!! :grinning:) It sucks getting older? I love to shoot but loath the following day at times… :thinking:

4 Likes

Also ordered the recoiless charging handle and muzzle brake all of which i hope will reduce felt recoil. Also decided to order the folding rear sight.

5 Likes

900 rounds with no appreciable wear that sounds great looks like pretty long life. thanks

3 Likes

@curt32 With my luck , now that we talked about how good it is, it will get crushed on the next use. :sob:

5 Likes

PS - way more than 1,000 rounds and all is working great including the buffer

2 Likes

Say Godallmighty also ordered the muzzle brake and recoiless recharge handle with the combination of the 3 additions what do u think the overall reduction of felt recoil will be??? Sill havent to make it over to introduce myself I haven’t forgot just give me a little more time.

Tom

3 Likes

Say Godallmighty also decied to ordered the muzzle brake and recoiless recharge handle with the combination of the 3 additions what do u think the overall reduction of felt recoil will be??? Sill havent to make it over to introduce myself I haven’t forgot just give me a little more time.

Tom

1 Like

@curt32 Not sure what percent reduction , but it is significant. You will love the difference. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Curt,
I have the buffer 900+ rounds no sign of wear. If you combine it with the recoilless charging handle- almost no recoil at all.

1 Like

One truism when it comes to PCC;s they are, like their shorter friends… money pits. As much as I say, “stick to what you need” the need expands with every additional “need” added. I an there with my Sub2K, a muzzle break, butt stock cover, recoil reducing charging handle all installed, but I should get a single point sling and a swing out mount for an Optic and about the factory iron sights…

Take Care

Bob

5 Likes

@CanadaBob Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

You got that right. Never ending way to keep your wallet empty.

2 Likes

Welcome fellas !!
I cant speak for the .40 cal, or overall longevity…
but on my 9mm using the recoil parts trifecta i can say i wouldnt give up any of them.

1 Like