M*CARBO Brotherhood

Recent Obsession With .410

I’ve been browsing the .410 listings at countless sites lately. Not exactly sure why.
But I have found a few items interesting and thought I’d share them here.

First up is the Mossberg 410 Shockwave

I’m probably going to buy one. It looks way too fun to pass up, just being patient.
If Remington offered an 870 Tac 14 in .410, I’d be all over that one.

Next, and this one is really cool, IFC/Iron Armi .410 ARUM Shotgun Complete Upper Receiver Assembly

Fits on any 5.56 lower receiver (except my DPMS, of course) and comes with 5rd mag.
Also has 4, 5, 10 and 15 round mags available. Only shoots 2.5" shells, makes sense.

This is looking more like a future project, the more I think about it. But it would be a dedicated .410
Probably all skeletonized lower and everything else. Four-ten slugs. AR. Fun, fun, fun.

10 Likes

@ValorSolo

You may want to also check out their pistol grip version of the .410 pump. You get a longer barrel, a pistol grip instead of the Shockwave’s grip (sorry, forgot the name of it), all for about the same money and overall length and capacity.

4 Likes

I’ve looked and compared the two over the last week or so. I would definitely jump on either if I found a great deal. I like them both. Probably like this one just a tad more.

I’ve also been reading up on the 45LC/410 barrels for the TC. I think it would be too much money for the use I would get out of it.

The Rossi Matched Pair, on the other hand, has my interest peaked. Excellent value and looks very fun to shoot.

And then I could add a Taurus Judge with 6.5" barrel later down the road.

4 Likes

@ValorSolo

The Taurus (Raging) Judge has some impressive ballistics behind it. Some ammo tested in the 2 inch to 3 inch barrels, and the Rossi Circuit Judge, performed its best (best penetration in a gel block), in the 6.5 inch Raging Judge.

Make no mistake, though, the 6.5 inch barrel gun is heavy - as much as the 8.375 inch barrel X frame Smith and Wessons (.460 and .500 magnums).

The 3 inch barrel Taurus Raging Judge weighs 60 ounces and can handle up to the .454 Casull. However, you may want to stick with the 6.5 inch barrel version if you plan on using .454 Casull much in a handgun. (60 ounces is a bit light for that caliber.)

Overall, I like the 6.5 inch barrel Taurus Raging Judge - better than other heavy duty .410/.45 LC guns. Hope you enjoy it, too.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the info. The judge would be a great addition to this .410 collection, but not where I’m wanting to start. I’ll most likely start with the shockwave. I think I really have to have that gun. Then the AR build. I need it too. And then the Rossi. Gotta have it as well. Everything else would be just stuff I want.

6 Likes

6.5 taurus judge impressive . 410 federal 000 buck good group out to 25 yards. Mild recoil. The 45 colt accurate . Great fun.

7 Likes

And yet another one I may start to have a need for.

PEDERSOLI HOWDAH .45LC/.410

At $1200+ it most likely will remain something I want rather than need.
Beautiful gun and very cool. Ithaca Auto & Burglar replica. So not really a bad price, after all.

8 Likes

I’m liking the complete ar upper definitely going to look into one. I have an ar with a shot out barrel no better time lol

5 Likes

So I started my collection with part of the AR. The Shockwave will have to wait.

I just bought a complete lower from PSA daily deals page for $130. Also picked up a matching complete upper to swap with the .410, when I get it. I’ll use the upper as a dedicated 22LR after a barrel swap. I have the CMMG conversion kit in my other AR. Bonus, I’ll end up with a spare BCG.

6 Likes

While I find the .410 AR upper interesting, I’m failing to find what I would use it for.

1 Like

Zombies, of course. LoL

I just think it would be a total blast to shoot. Probably more than any other cartridge from an AR.
I always enjoyed shooting .410 at paper, steel, stumps, squirrels. Ever since I was a kid.

6 Likes

I just sold a rossi matched pair 45lc/410 with the 22lr barrel it was a great gun i am a big 45lc/410 fan and collector and the 22lr barrel that comes with the matched pair is a very accurate target gun. You will not be disappointed if you buy it i regret selling mine now but i used the money for my first ar15 build but i would buy another matched pair in a heart beat

5 Likes

I also have a cobray 45lc/410 sideXside derringer that will about brake your wrist when shooting but what a fun lil gun. But my fav is my new england survivor rifle 45lc/410 its what i take in my canoe on camping trips and it has 18inch rifled barrel with choke tubes for bird shot type rounds great gun for a 410 fan

5 Likes

Just ordered the upper. Paid over $100 more at OpticsPlanet, but it was the only one I found in stock, anywhere. I now have all the parts ordered for the .410 build and the dedicated 22. Plus extra mags. I’ll have just under $1300 in it, with two very fun to shoot uppers. Probably end up building or buying another lower specifically for the .410.

6 Likes

Picked up the lower yesterday and put it together. Mags are a chore to load.
Hopefully they will break in and get easier. Only shot a couple rounds.
Everything worked as it should and the “rifle” shot great. Love it.
It seems to be a very well built upper and looks awesome.

BTW, that’s a 15 round mag in the mag well, and a 10 rounder for a spare.
I have another 10 rounder, but it needs some work to get it functioning.

11 Likes

Budsgunshop.com has this gun right now for 285. Just bought it

4 Likes

@Clifford

Good purchase brother and welcome to the M*CARBO Brotherhood!

1 Like

@Clifford

Welcome to the MCarbo Forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

3 Likes

I have a couple more weeks before I can make another gun purchase.
Trying to keep it to one gun a month. LoL. It’s not that easy, sometimes.
I’ll likely get the 410 shockwave at that time. And plenty of 410 shells.

And welcome to the forum.

5 Likes

I’ve had that same obsession for a few years now. Just sold my Mossy 500 Cruiser 410 to get the SUB2k. I had the IFC upper and it will only take 4 types of 2.5" shells. Even the one that it seemed to like the best out of the four failed to feed many times after a few rounds. Their mag design blows. Sold it a few months ago. Almost everyone who has had one of these hates them after the first few rounds are fired. Lots of stovepipes.

Now, in one of my Firearm News a few months back they reviewed the ATI Omni AR-410 and gave it a glowing review. Only one FTF in many many rounds and that one was due to a faulty cartridge. Gunbroker has them all the time at $499 so this is going to be my next goal in 410.

3 Likes