M*CARBO Brotherhood

Recent Memorial Day message for vets who lost brothers

To Chris and all veterans:

Although I am not a veteran myself I wanted to post this link for any veteran who lost someone. It is from veteran Travis Haley. I hope this 7 minute message may help any vet that lives Memorial day, everyday.

10 Likes

@gladmark

Very nice post Will. :+1:
I too, am but a lowly, humble, and very grateful civilian, but some of his words hit home for me just the same.

When I look at my life, I often wonder if I have done, are doing, and continuing to hold up my part as that civilian, who gets to stand firm and safe on beloved “American Soil”?
Or am I failing, and letting down, those whose Courage and Sacrifice allows me such an unequaled privilege?

4 Likes

@jeffing65

Jeff,

You can hold up your part. This oath is for uniformed service members, civil servants, AND American Patriots. Take it… and you are in. Remember that (1) there is no expiration date and (2) you will be considered a traitor to your country if you break this oath.

Simply look in the mirror and swear outloud:

“I, (Your Name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Congratulations Brother!

6 Likes

Eloquently said, brother.
When the pain has subsided, and the tears aren’t as frequent, you humbly realize that you have received a rare priviledge, and the highest honor you can ever have - to have had a brother who gave his all for our great country.
Bil Pletz
US Army
Republic of Vietnam, 1968-69

5 Likes