M*CARBO Brotherhood

Rear sight options?

If running a red/green dot is there any benefit to running the rear sight at all?

3 Likes

Only if you also run a front sight .and. the optic fails.

5 Likes

@Lunker

If it is a range toy , I see no reason. If it is for self defense , I agree with @Dred

3 Likes

5 Likes

All valid points. I guess the best solution would be a fold down rear sight and have the best of both worlds :slight_smile: Was looking for more insight as I am newer to this style rifle. Always been a pistol / shotgun guy. Thanks again.

7 Likes

I just received my folding rear sight today for that very reason, I prefer a red/green dot after 18+ years of turkey hunting with one. The green dot is superior to red during the hours of civil twilight rise & set. No I won’t be hunting gobblers with my 9mm carbine.

6 Likes

the best ive found is TROY BATTLE SIGHTS. they hurt a lil to buy But worth it. dont buy off ebay. most those are knock off cheap.
https://troyind.com/backup-iron-sights
you can get em fixed or folding, tritium or standard, HK or AR style front.
one question, what style rifle do you have…

5 Likes

Sub2K. Probably juts pick up the folding rear sight from here.

7 Likes

@Lunker Mcarbo folding rear sight, Peep or V and a Redlion folding front sight. RedLion sights accept AR front sight posts, so you can Run a Blitzkrig Luminescent /tritium sight post
https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1817
redlion front folding sight
https://www.redlionprecision.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=R12
I have this setup on my Gen 1 SUB 2000 as well as my Gen II SUB 2000
I can recommend the Mcarbo Muzzle brake as well…

5 Likes

I challenge you to find a dot sight that will co-witness with the front and rear sight on a sub2k and still allow you to pick your head up off the pillow the next morning. Get a QD mount(a good one) dial the red dot in and forget about the stock sight. It is like the old Beatles song …No no no no I don’t blank no mo …

I may have a solution for you. I put on an MCARBO notch sight and use a TR-25 as my red dot. It co-witnesses with no problem. The added height of the notch site makes it easy to acquire your target. It is a little taller than the MCCARBO peep sight, as they tell you in there video. The target acquisition works because it aligns with the side shrouds on the front sight. I can put all my rounds in a 6 inch circle at 75 feet. For me that is exceptional. Hope this gives you an option to look at. The TR-25 is on a UTC QT 1/2 inch riser, using the stock rail. File the rail flat so it doesn’t rock.

Appreciate the advice . But I am a cheap MF L Since quick deploy is not a consideration considering that I live in the woods I used a Ozark 40 buck red dot that co-witnesses with my AR but not much else. Since my 70 year old eyes are lets face it 70 year old eyes I found a 2X red dot to mount on the AR and had the old cantilever Ozark in my sock drawer. Well Jest damn!! With a QD mount stuck on the SUB2K after zeroing it in at 50 yards and taking it on and off for about 250 rounds it holds zero. Oh yea… I had an old fiddle case from back in the day when I wanted to learn to play but since the arthritis got in the hands I stuck to the guitar but I figured out that the SUB2K fits in the case like it was made for it and with a Glock19, 17 and 18 mag. As Hickok 45 says … Life is good. Yea there is a Glock 18 but ya caint get em in this country.