M*CARBO Brotherhood

RBD Trigger Spring Install - Safety Switch Locked Up

Alright so I installed the Keltec RDB Trigger Spring, no major issues and everything went as video showed, BUT my safety selector switch is locked up in the fire position. Any body have a solution?

3 Likes

pull it back down, you have something slightly pinched or out of sequence. Use Chris’s video and step by step it back together…

https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec-rdb-installation-videos.aspx

2 Likes

I tried carefully fiddling with everything to get it to spin but it just wont. I am like 99% sure it happened when I took the screw out of the switch itself but everything matches what you could see in Chris’ video. At least its stuck in the fire position but would still really like it to work. I can’t even switch the safety to on from the inside. It’s almost like its jammed on something but there’s literally nothing that I can see stopping it from moving.

1 Like

with the case apart, om the trigger block, with the hammer in cocked position, will the safety lever move on the cam

check positioning of the “Batwing”

1 Like

Look at the video starting at 12:28.

1 Like

I don’t know exactly what I did but I got it to work. I pulled the top pin out and put it back together, following the video, lined everything up carefully to put it back together, cocked it back and safety finally functioned again. I have no idea what was keeping it from moving but it’s working fine now. I’m not getting a 2lb trigger pull but it is roughly 2lbs lighter than stock.

3 Likes

P.S. @ChrisNelson can we please get upgraded hardware for the RDB and maybe that new trigger? Already had threads come right out with one of the screws.

2 Likes

it probably got slightly bumped out the slot on disassembly, and got trapped going back together. glad you got it workin…

2 Likes