M*CARBO Brotherhood

Range Report: Remington 597/M*CARBO Trigger Pro Kit

WOW! :+1: :+1: The difference is night and day. The best improvement I’ve done to this rifle bar none. As I adjusted to the trigger it became great fun to shoot out the dime sized center of the target.

9 Likes

@Festus Nice looking 597 Richard.:smiley:

5 Likes

@Don68 I concur, wholeheartedly. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Nice! I like that stock. My son bought a 597 and not to be outdone by him I bought one. I install something for the trigger and I think a new ejector for him last Christmas. Mine has nothing done to it yet so I might need to check this MCarbo upgrade out.

When I picked mine up from the ffl the first thing was the bolt handle cane off. Yesterday while looking for answers to some of my questions I ran across a thread about a guy on FB who makes them and now have two on order.

Great place here, but it’s draining my wallet! Lol

7 Likes

Thanks gentlemen. Nothing beats a good shooting .22lr for an inexpensive day at the range. I haven’t done much to enhance this other than a Weaver scope base, Volquartsen extractor, of course the M*CARBO Trigger Pro Kit, and the Boyd’s Varmint stock in Dark Walnut. About that stock, I ordered it finished. And didn’t care for it at all so I stripped it and gave it a couple coats of boiled linseed oil. Medium rise UTG QD rings, 6X24X50 scope, bipod and the required USGI .30 Carbine sling.

5 Likes

Well, as @Glwenzl said, I like it! That’s what first caught my eye, both the design of it (looks very ergonomic) as well as the wood grain and finish. Good on ya. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

my 597, hopefully doing some more upgrades soon.

6 Likes

Great little shooters, you’ll enjoy it. The two best upgrades IMHO are MCarbo Pro Kit and Volquartsen extractor
A tip, the two set screws for the guide rods, run them in to “touching” then back out about an eighth turn.

6 Likes

I installed the Volquartsen extractor, what a difference! Planning on doing the trigger and spring kit upgrade

4 Likes

I agree. When installing 597 Trigger improvement kit, put a small drop of oil on pin where it contacts metal spacers, I used RemOil… Really smooth trigger function results.

2 Likes