M*CARBO Brotherhood

Range Prices. What do you pay to play?

Growing up here in the country, we always just shot our guns in the yard or the woods.
There was never a need for a legit shooting range. And none existed in our area.

Now, in recent years, there’s too many neighbors, too near and no accessible woods left.
Too many people moving in from the cities. And all the woods are private hunting clubs.
A range has opened in a nearby town. It’s not very nice, but the guy is trying his best.
It has 50, 250 and 300 yard ranges and he’s working on adding a 800 yard range .
But he wants $200 a year for membership, or $10 a visit for non members.

Will I go to the range 20+ times in a year? Maybe. Probably not, but I would like to.
If the answer was a definite yes, I’d consider the membership, even if it seems high to me.
Is it too pricey? The only other range I’ve been to was free. It was 600 miles away.
So I’m wondering, what do y’all pay? How often do you go? Members? Or pay-as-you-go?

11 Likes

@ValorSolo $600. a year Membership and $20.00 a Hour for Range time’ with Your own Ammo’ 6 lanes, indoor.:poop:!! Our Almost a Outdoor Range is a ‘‘God Damn Zoo’’ Bottle Shooters And (Tannerite Target Morons) At less than 50 yards.
Thank God I can go out to the Mining Claim’ and have some Privacy.:rofl:

9 Likes

That’s crazy. No way in hell I could pay that.

This is probably something we’ll all have to deal with. But I hope not.

9 Likes

range I work at is 220 Active duty 300 for everyone else, with that you get 15 percent off in store, if you don’t have a membership 15 dollars a person, or 13 if you purchased our ammo, “2 hour” range time that never gets enforced, indoor ac, good employees.

9 Likes

I Could not Either’ They just need to Close the Damn Gate at Haines AK:rofl:

8 Likes

The gun club by me is $125/year. No per visit fees or other costs. 25-600yd rifle. Pistol range, even a cowboy shoot range. The skeet range is extra per visit but I’m not sure the cost. I went a few times but now I just shoot at my in-laws 40 acres.

9 Likes

@ValorSolo
Charles I pay 20 $ a visit
Membership is very expensive
Here’s the link.
https://www.lindengunrange.com/lgr-memberships
For the past 3 months ± while working in Reno I have shooting on BlM land.
Fun Fun

7 Likes

Okay, maybe $200 isn’t so bad. Also, no time limits. You can shoot daylight to dark.
No extra charges for anything, including skeet, which is done on the 250 yard lane.

He also has a $300 family plan. Everyone in the house has full benefits.

8 Likes

for right now i walk out the back door. but if i use a range in town, closest 2, 25$ fee for a non member, membership at one is 250$ the other 300$ or you can pay a one time fee of 500$ for lifetime at one of em. they just opened up psa’s range, so the other two have almost got moron free shooting there… still cant shoot my contenders at the indoor one though… 200$ a year, aint bad,…

9 Likes

@DivaMarie i dont use ranges either tony although there they are virtually none existant her i set up targets on a friends land and practice there

9 Likes

Closest range for me is an outdoor rural one about an hour away, open 364 days a year. $20 cash, no time limit. Two 25 yard covered pistol ranges, 18 covered rifle stations with 50, 100, 200 and 300 yard berms as well as a separate covered 500 berm (an extra $10 I think). They also offer a 3 gun range and have 50 different sporting clay stations.

8 Likes

100 dollars a year or 10 bucks for 3 hours.

Max 100 yard range.

Rifle and pistol.

8 Likes

I have an indoor range membership - $50/mo. Non members shoot for $25/visit.

8 Likes

I’m a member of one of our local Izaak Waltons. Family membership is $150 per year. Indoor pistol range with key card access. Unfortunately doesn’t have an outdoor range other than trap.
For long range rifle shooting I use DNR public land. No charges at all for that

7 Likes

Live in central Pennsylvania. Have a sportsman’s association about 12 miles away. $125.00 to join and then $110.00 for each year after. Indoor pistol and 22 rim fire ranges open 24 hours a day. Outdoors there are multiple handgun areas including steels, shot gun areas, rifle range up to 200 yards, fishing and we are allowed to hunt in certain areas.

7 Likes

Being that Maryland is an ‘unfriendly’ GUN STATE, in my opinion, I drive ‘over the line’ to PA. The closest gun range is two hours round trip. I spend $100/yrly for a membership and it costs me $6.50/hrly for the pistol range (up to 25 yards.) and $12.50/hrly for the rifle range (up to 50 yards.) They are indoors and since I don’t use any rounds larger than 9mm, I get away with $6.50/hrly.

6 Likes

$64.00 membership + $10.00 NRA anually.
Has trap, Archery, 25, 50, 100, and 300 yd gun ranges, and 320 acres of private club land to hunt or do whatever on. I look for and metal detect old homesteads that we’re on the land in the 1800’s. Always carry the Judge with me lol…

8 Likes

My preferred range (OSS) is an outdoor range that’s an hour drive west of me, in Okeechobee, FL, and well worth the drive.
I do pay-as-you-go, $30 per day, no hourly limit
I choose their “Gallery” ranges which includes…
Pistol Range: 50M, full-auto allowed, reactive steel targets and booths where you can draw from the holster
Rifle Range: 200M, full-auto allowed, .50 cal allowed, Tannerite allowed.

There is a seperate “generic” 200M range for $12, but none of the items above are allowed. They also have an 800M range, trap & skeet, and private ranges you can rent as well.

2 hours, round trip, but so worth it… too me.

8 Likes

@hunter1916 Glad you’ve got some a Peaceful Place to Practice’ It just makes for a ‘‘MORE BETTER’’ Sight In Day.:smiley:

9 Likes

Utah… Pretty much the entire state is an outdoor range with places as far as the eye can see. If I really want to get down to the nitty gritty, the local indoor range is $10/15 per hour and it’s never enforced. No annual membership fee, either. :+1:

9 Likes