Random/arbitrary question thread 🧵

There are tons of free online live cams of bald eagle nesting sites. Just google “live eagle cam”.

4 Likes

That’s how VA one is too. I laminated myself and I even had one of my friends warning me that this will make it illegal. In VA code says just that you have to keep it on your person, so…

2 Likes

From an alleged DARPA document, leaked recently:
Eric Weinstein on Twitter: “Help me to understand @DARPA. What am I looking at at 4:23 about Ivermectin? I don’t have the context. https://t.co/hgiP4fAzsC Can you Authenticate? May I see this whole report? Thank you. https://t.co/G4nGoOScqp” / Twitter

2 Likes

This was an unclassified document. Not really leaked, but someone had to poke around for it to come out.

Working in labs, there are funny things about the sickness itself and the manifested immune response for the vaccine.

My thing with this is, bats are not generally affected by respiratory illnesses by their own immune design.
Then why attempt an aerosol? Unless the final “product” was slated to be absorbed, fogging/aerosols would have a limited effect.

Too many unknowns still…

3 Likes

Question:

For you guys that have a wife… I need some advice from them.

Please ask them if the bathroom floor is considered “clean” if I use my foot to move around and mop the tiles with the towel I just used to dry off after I take a shower.

Thanking you in advance.

8 Likes

All I know is that if men designed bathrooms all fixtures would be stainless and it would have both a fire hose and a floor drain. Hose everything down and let it drain…done!

8 Likes

Drop a alcohol pad or two first and I’d say so…
Just don’t tell her that :shushing_face:

6 Likes

The easy way to tell, look inside her car. If it’s spotless, then no. If it looks like schitt, I’d say you’re good to go.

8 Likes

She says your a slob, So I certainly didn’t tell her I do it to. :wink:

Larry :innocent:

6 Likes

She says: clean has a smell. If you dried your ass, you need to use a clean towel.

7 Likes

She said that will do until the cleaners get here next week.

5 Likes

It was sitting on the Top Secret side (JWICS), and nobody knows how it ended up there. Hmmm…

5 Likes

Water stains on stainless steel irritates the :poop: out of me lol. My mom has a stainless fridge with a water dispenser built in. She has said she regrets buying stainless

6 Likes

My 2 cents worth.
CLEAN is so arbitrary apples to all the comments above and countless more.
Like the saying “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.
If your married, and on accession OR MORE you have the luxury of cleaning the bathroom rest assured you will not get it right for at least the first 6-12 times, and practice does not in this case make perfect.
No matter what you do and how hard you try it WILL never be considered clean,
it’s clean enough, it’s OK for now, it will have to do, I’ll clean it better later, how many times did you rinse the towel, did you use a clean towel, is the floor still wet, what chemicals did you use, was there moisture in the room, were you wearing your glasses… the list goes on.
The only win is to present the equipment used when finished and then you can take her mind of the bathroom by placing the wet cleaning stuff in the corner, crating yet another trap.
It’s a no-win situation. Only solution is to create a diversion. Be creative and good luck.
Arbitrary by definition:
ar·bi·trar·y
adjective

1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
    “his mealtimes were entirely arbitrary”
    Similar:
    capricious
    whimsical
    random
    chance
    erratic
    unpredictable
    inconsistent
    wild
    hit-or-miss
    haphazard
    casual
    unmotivated
    motiveless
    unreasoned
    unreasonable
    unsupported
    irrational
    illogical
    groundless
    unjustifiable
    unjustified
    wanton
    discretionary
    personal
    subjective
    discretional

Opposite:
rational
reasoned

• (of power or a ruling body) unrestrained and autocratic in the use of authority.
    “arbitrary rule by King and bishops has been made impossible”
5 Likes

Documents may end up in that system that have no relevant/revealing info other than names and ranks for personnel in “sensitive” departments.

The other thing with JWICS, is being a secure system, there is no oversight which makes it easily abused and having info skewed to one direction.

3 Likes

Wax the fridge. Funny to how heavy objects stuck on with magnets slowly work their way down….

5 Likes

Tell Mom to take a wire brush to it. Preferably one affixed to a drill-electric or better yet, an air powered one. Brushed stainless doesn’t show water spots…

4 Likes

So I don’t have to wait for the movie to come out… is that a “yes” or a “no”?

3 Likes
6 Likes

Gonna help a family friend out tomorrow who just had eye surgery. So me and my dad are gonna deliver a truck of tables out to sneedville Tennessee. Its part of Tennessee that ive never been to. And thought maybe theres a few of you here that can tell me a little about that area. I know its not to far away from @Slowest. When i type in whats sneedville Tennessee known for wiki tells me its known for meth and pills. I was hoping to hit some good antique stores after tables are dropped off. I do plan on swinging threw bristol so i can get my krystal burger fix.

8 Likes