Random/arbitrary question thread 🧵

Sums it up there.
Pretty much comes down to the metabolic rate needed to sustain a large terrestrial mammal vs a large marine mammal.
The other factor is climate. Warmer ambient temperature tends to raise metabolic rate and therefore the need for additional oxygenation. And it was a lot warmer back then!
Water temperatures tend to be cooler putting less environmental stress on the body and cooler temperatures have been shown/proven to lower the metabolic rate in many animals.

5 Likes

Of course.
facepalm-02

5 Likes

and they call ne a knucklehead. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Larry :innocent: :innocent:

7 Likes

My brother-in-law is “Panhead” just need a flathead, shovelhead…

7 Likes

Warmer climate may have more to do with size than oxygen levels because dinosaurs are cold blooded reptiles and not warm blooded mammals.

5 Likes

So the Cloning of past models is a bad idea? :joy:

3 Likes

Wait, wasn’t Trump a Xenophobic for doing the same thing?:thinking:

12 Likes

If the rules worked equally for both sides, we wouldnt be asking that question today…

8 Likes

Are you referring to women??? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well there you go, get ready for yet another shot in the arm.

When are they going to invent a COVID patch. I choose the patch. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Actually some studies are now showing that dinosaurs were most likely mesotherms. There are some still around today such as leatherbacks, great whites, mole rats and hyrax. These animals can regulate their temperature to a small extent, but still also partially rely on environmental conditions.
This animal group represents a pretty broad representation of the animal kingdom today showing it may have been possible for them back then.

4 Likes

@Thatoneguy This guy is pissed you didn’t mention him:

fjb

14 Likes

… the Dumbassosaurus.

11 Likes

Used up one of the last daily likes… All good.

9 Likes

Used all of my like on this one pist
:love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter:

11 Likes

I’d have to get a 1st shot in order to get another shot :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Lord, we are so screwed. Please send the meteorite :see_no_evil:
Larry :innocent:

8 Likes

9 Likes

LoL… :white_heart: :white_heart: :white_heart: :white_heart: :white_heart: :white_heart: :white_heart: :white_heart:

5 Likes

@cico7 that Glock was so sad to be an overrated brick of plastic that it hung itself :rofl::rofl:

10 Likes