M*CARBO Brotherhood

Random/arbitrary question thread 🧵

Sighting in a scope question.

Is there a simple somewhat sure way to mount a scope yourself.
All the gunsmiths are to busy here and so I mounted a scope myself. Picked up steel mounts that are for the particular rifle and used an app level i downloaded on my phone to square up the scope after mounting to perfectly 90° both the rifle and scope. Also made certain the distance to my eye was a good fit. It was that simple, did I do it correctly because in a few hours i am going to take it out and test it for the first time.
Thanks… :flushed:

7 Likes

Bore sighting is pretty helpful, gets you on target faster. Not doing bore sighting, start off at closer range. If you jump out to 100 yards right away, you might not hit paper (or target) and waste more ammo chasing your shots

11 Likes

OK, I’ll start at 25 yards and dial in from there… TYVM

7 Likes

Start with this :sunglasses::boom::boom::boom:

9 Likes

If you need more M*CARBO targets just holler. I purchased these over time for around $700 total. They also came with some gun parts in each order. That was a nice touch.

13 Likes

Expensive targets, but the free included parts make it worthwhile.

11 Likes

Money well spent.
Noticed this… arbitrary detail. From the photo the colour density of orange one might conclude that these target prints are, very probably, from three separate print runs and doesn’t apply to anything other than if each print run is lets say 1 million at a time that would add up to about 3 million orders for M*CARBO over your purchase period. Good sales margin.
Random thought, no reply required. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Random thought: I just found out that if a dinosaur was resurrected today, it would be not able to breath very well our air.
Could a dinosaur survive in today’s climate conditions? - BBC Science Focus Magazine

5 Likes

Further, depending on which period it was from, it might not even survive. The atmosphere had far more oxygen during the Carboniferous, Permian and Cretaceous periods. But that may be in the article you referenced.

7 Likes

And on that thought, the amount of oxygen breathing organisms (us included) is depleting the planet of oxygen, just a little bit at a time but it is measurable. Not enough yet to take your breath away though.

5 Likes

Or… the targets on the right side were closer to the window when I took the picture. Because that’s what happened.

Okay. :rofl:

7 Likes

It also depends on if you believe in the evolutionary theory.

5 Likes

Would probably not be an issue without the deforestation going on in many 3rd world countries.

7 Likes

That was the gist. Back then it was 35% Oxygen in air versus 21% now. It would be like us going up on Mount Everest.

Plants make back that Oxygen, by breaking apart CO2. Algae make more O2 than we think.

As a side-note oxygen is actually a poisonous gas for life. We just got used to deal with it because of the energetic advantages, but is still killing us slowly by degrading our DNA (while cells are reproducing).

3 Likes

LOL, or that. Just thinking out loud for a moment there, won’t happen again.

4 Likes

Keep thinking outloud my friend. I don’t want to be the only one here doing that as well. :+1:

6 Likes

Higher oxygen levels are part of what allowed giant prehistoric animals to achieve such huge sizes. It would be required for large dinosaurs, giant insects, snakes, etc to survive.

5 Likes

If that’s true how do you explain that the largest animal to ever live on this planet is alive and well today.

4 Likes

That’s pretty freakin’ obvious. It’s because of the Pfizer vaccine. Silly.

7 Likes

Water takes most of the effort to support that body. On land, the muscles need to support and move the weight, so the energetic resources are much higher.

5 Likes