Random/arbitrary question thread 🧵

Not for me. Soon someone will learn to hack your “autopilot” and be crashing you into a tree just to do it.

7 Likes
  1. It’s not if you can program the cars “voice” to do the actual asking…

2. This is how it will work…
    People will be waking up in some strange a$$ unfamiliar places because someone’s drunk a$$ thought some town’s name or some random street name was funny sounding only to blackout on the way there. Not in control, car is. This can be contested in court given the other bs that has come to trial lately…

6 Likes

Anyone that wants/needs a car/truck that drives it’s self should ride the damn bus.

12 Likes

The biggest part in the gmc commercial that had me concerned is there clapping there hands to the we will rock you beat. And while the family was having fun clapping there hands together the truck passes a semi on the open road to prove how great it is for truck to drive itself. Like it isnt bad enough when you got all these idiots with there devices shoved in there face while they should be paying attention to the road. Now these driverless vehicles are saying you dont need to pay any attention to the road. What happens when you and your family are clapping hands and acting like fools while passing a semi and tire blows or any number of things is that driverless car gonna swerve you to safety before the semi eats you alive? Damn people need to pay extra attention on the roads these days not less.

9 Likes

We used to cruise the main drag, meet up at the drive in and order a shake or something, the carhops wore skates…head over to the lake and watch the submarine races…

8 Likes

Does anyone else think @TexasEskimos humor is Bob Hope reincarnated? :scream::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ain’t gonna happen…so I drive less and look forward to my flying Apple Car…in a few years.

5 Likes

What a coincidence, buddy drove me to get the rental and he was showing me the car driving itself, yes and around corners as well. There is a set time that it drives itself without you touching the steering wheel and now people are hacking that by hanging weights off the bottom of the wheel to mimic a human. Just a matter of time…

7 Likes

Officially, no comment, but it might just work.

5 Likes

My new Honda Civic is capable of driving without my steering, you set the distance and it does it all automatically the cameras follow white lines, and remain the set distance behind vehicles in front, it turns off if there are no white lines, and every so often will judder the car slightly to make sure you are awake.

I actually tried it when I first bought it nearly crapped myself and have never use it since.

6 Likes

Why are there no public “Bio Hazard” disposal sites for used face masks?

12 Likes

Do you not put them in charity bags for the 3rd world people. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Trivial question of the day - Is a hot dog in a bun a sandwich? discuss.

4 Likes

Any advice and tips on making Jerky? What do I use to dry it (not wanting to buy any fancy gear really)

2 Likes

@Moosecall
HAPPY FORUM ANNIVERSARY!!! :+1::beers::canada::us:

Two years and you ain’t been banned! I don’t think I’ll make it that long. :rofl:

10 Likes

A weiner in a bun is a hotdog.

4 Likes

Technically you are right on. Every mask should be RED bagged as BIO Hazardous material and disposed of accordingly by OSHA rules.

Good luck with that Fuchie. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Larry
PS why haven’t protective gloves been mandated? It’s all so wrong!!!

7 Likes

Ok something more fun and off the wall. My damn BP is going up tonight :broken_heart:

Who said:

" War is Cruelty"
" There is no use trying to reform it.
The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over with"

Larry

It’s:
William Tecumseh Sherman
Union Army General.

5 Likes

You can make good jerky in the oven. Leave door cracked open prop it open if you have to jist enough to move air around a little better. Run at around 165 170 for several hours. Theres tons of info on the webs for making jerky in the oven. Best way is a dehydrator and those you can get a 4 or 5 shelf unit for around 70 80 bucks. Of course there is alot more expensive options but they arent necessary.

8 Likes

@TexasEskimo
TYVM, seems like not that long age already.
Late reply… was in the field looking for PGE’s and precious metals.
pics to follow
Cheers,

4 Likes