M*CARBO Brotherhood

Random/arbitrary question thread

@GOBLIN I saw the movie and I remember drive ins but not this one at a drive in :thinking:

6 Likes

They just tore down last year, the last 1 of the 2 driveins, that were here. I bet they were some of the last in the nation.

5 Likes

Heh!, that was fun. LOL Seeing that trailer again was awesome. It surely deserves a follow up with…
Yep, you guessed it…

Death Race 2000 (1975) Carnage Count

Warning!!! Graphic!!!
As if it really is now days, considering today’s violence, both fictional and real. But just the same. You’ve been duly cautioned.

7 Likes

Sun’Set Drive in! Kirkland Washington ‘‘June1966’’ 1947 Dodge 2 Door Coupe, with a Trunk from Hell! Would hold Five Drinking Teens On their way to Nam the Next Week! Ah Yes the four dots on the back of a OLY Label’ Did they all Get Lucky. :expressionless:

5 Likes

saw this right before i left, made me want a RT so bad i could taste it.

7 Likes

Rollover Likes
We are limited to the number of likes we can use on a daily basis .
But what if you don’t use all of your likes? Is there like a Roll Over plan so you can carry your unused likes.
Say Buck is layed up in the hospital again for 8 weeks and can’t use
all of his likes. With a like Roll Over program he could carry them to the next month.

Is there a competitive “Likes” provider we could switch to?

4 Likes

@jeffing65 Shelbyville, Indiana still has one - I know the owner. Drive-ins are dying because EVERY theater, indoors or out, has to go digital and the equipment ain’t cheap. It’s hard to justify the expense for little drive-ins that can’t get a lot of business.

5 Likes

@phuzzy42 That was the issue here too. To convert to digital came with a cost of 80,000 dollars.

4 Likes

South High St. in COLUMBUS.
Sunday morning church, afternoon swap meet.

5 Likes

i do miss the swap meets /sat mornin flea market at the dreamland in Ashville, down on river road, before you got to Biltmore…as well as the farmers market in Canton…

5 Likes

Did anyone “really” go to the drive-in to watch the movie?

8 Likes

Just once… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

who remembers this song?

7 Likes

I do. Been awhile since I’ve heard it.

4 Likes

I am fine in South Australia air is full of smoke but nearest fire is about 300km away. There has been a lot of devastation here will take a long time to for those affected to rebuild there lives

7 Likes

Ever seen the movie “Taking Off”? Love this scene:

3 Likes

@Craig75 Great to hear your doing ok. I wasn’t sure how far you were from it all, or if it was directly affecting you. I really has been devastating for sure.
It must be east of you then?

3 Likes

@MountainHunter
Check out our movie thread.

https://forum.mcarbo.com/t/all-time-classic-movies

3 Likes

Will do…thanks for the reminder! “Carry On”

3 Likes

That’s correct most of the eastern seaboard is on fire we have had a few fires close but nothing major. There has been a lot of rain over the last few days and temperature has dropped significantly giving the firefighters a chance to get on top of it all

4 Likes