M*CARBO Brotherhood

Random/arbitrary question thread

I created this thread as a place to ask random/arbitrary questions or inquiries, of a specific and singular nature.
Those that don’t apply to, relate to, or fit into any of the normal topics and subjects of discussion.
I will post two questions of this type I have, that will serve as an example.

5 Likes

Is there anyone that was stationed at Mountain Home Air Force Base in Mountain Home, Idaho during the 1970’s?

4 Likes

Does anyone live near or have connections with any companies in the plating industry? i.e. chrome, nickle, etc.
Black Nickle plating in particular.

5 Likes

Anyone with some sort of leaf guard setup on their rain gutters?

1. Self installed?
  2. Did it require new gutters too?
  3. Would you do it again?
7 Likes

@Festus We’ve made some in the past out of thin expanded metal. Not sure if it will work for your application.
I have done it 2 ways.
I made a rough mock-up for a visual, from scrap, to hopefully give you an idea of what I did.
The first 2 pics are of a flat piece of exp.metal. It covered the gutter and had a lip that slipped between the bottom edge of the shingles and the metal drip edge.

The second 2 are with the exp. metal bent so it just drops in the gutter and sits there on its own.

5 Likes

long as some smart butt dont ask where babies come from we will be ok
:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Yeah right. Let’s hope not.
Probably should have added all the danger stickers, warnings, cautions, not designed or intended for’s and used as’s etc. huh?

5 Likes

YEP GOTTA WATCH THESE GUYS…

5 Likes

where do babies come from?
what is the meaning of life?
why are buildings after they’re built?

8 Likes

@cico7

The meaning of life is 42

7 Likes

Babies come from “Kid Manufacturing” and “Storks Inc”.
The answer to the meaning of life is 42.

I got nothing for the 3rd one.

7 Likes

@godallmighty You typed faster than I did. :+1:

4 Likes

@jeffing65 Great minds think alike :rofl:

5 Likes

@godallmighty Yes they do. LOL

Would you like to ask the question that answer led to or shall I?

4 Likes

@jeffing65 “Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life , the Universe, and Everything”, calculated by a supercomputer named Deep Thought over a period of 7.5M years.

6 Likes

damn all this time thought it was 36…

5 Likes

buildings after they are built are a constant exercise in futility. your always trying to keep something out. Hurricanes, Flood waters, Heat, Cold ,Rain ,Snow, Crackheads…

6 Likes

Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

7 Likes

@em44052 The answer my friend is blowin in the wind…

7 Likes

How many licks to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?
download

8 Likes