M*CARBO Brotherhood

Question On Grips

All Things SUB-2000!
Just got the Gen2 and have put about 150 rounds thru it. It’s my first experience with a carbine or rifle so it took 100 rounds to adjust my grip and now get a good pattern at the center of the target at about 30-35 feet.
Question is-- would a afg2 (or other type of grip) improve accuracy or ease of holding and sighting. Is it straightforward for a newbie to install?

1 Like

I use a mapul afg 2 on my sub. Works great and anyone can install without issue

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Will order one from opticsplanet.

2 Likes

Think they have a 10% off coupon for labor day right now if you spend over $50

Just looked up. Coupon code is LBRDY

2 Likes

Does the angled foregrip help dissipate the heat? Or is it more geared towards control/ comfort kind of thing?

1 Like

@Pew_Ding It does not help for heat dissipation , but does help in controlling the front end and gives you a known place to put your hand on short barrels so you don’t muzzle your self.

1 Like

I’ve touched my hot sub barrel quite a few times :slight_smile: spicy!

4 Likes

I was semi surprised how hot it got last time I took it out. But I guess the 100+ degree weather in direct sunlight wasn’t helping.

1 Like

@Pew_Ding So I guess your question was does a foregrip help to keep your hand further away from the hot barrel and I would say yes…a vertical grip would for sure.

2 Likes

Is there an M-LOZ AFG 2 or are they only picatinny?

I believe that they are picatiny

The ones I’ve seen are only picatinny. Was hoping for M-Lok options.

@GL9CK

Also, if you already have the AFG 2 with picatinny mount and you want it to work with M-LOK then Magpul makes a M-LOK adapter for a picatinny mount forgrip (MAG594).

2 Likes

Anyone seen this grip/mag holder before? Doesn’t look like the Blackhawk.

2 Likes

@Flogrown, before I ever heard of MCARBO Forum, this pic is what put me in contact with @ChrisNelson, looking for this part or some rail mounted solution for extra mags.

I came up with this idea of a double (or single or even triple wide) stick rail mount. Changes the profile of the gun. Not necessarily to use as a foregrip. Could be angled to taste.

1 Like