M*CARBO Brotherhood

Question on 597

my 597 is not extracting caseings or bullets there staying in barrel which means i need a new ejector , as far as i can tell the extractor should grabthe rim of the round an pull it back and looking at the extractor theres no hook to catch the round so i take it its broken , i just want to get this confirmed before i buy a new one ,

9 Likes

Sounds right. Post a pic and the experts here can confirm.

9 Likes

Sounds worn down. What do the rims look like?
How many rounds on that gun?

Take a pic of the extractor hook.

Lots of threads on this…

Go with volquartzen if you can get one…

4 Likes

This is an OEM extractor, the pen is pointing to the hook. If yours is missing it will need replaced. I have this one in mine and it works flawlessly. Remington 597 Extractor

5 Likes

@Festus thanks for that and yes mines broken iv ordered one from germany cost about 25 of your dollars thats including postage i ordered new spring and plunger too might as well replace them at same time even if they dont need to be

4 Likes

Any idea how many rounds before it broke?

This reminds me…:eye: purchased a few of the Volquartzens to replace the Ruger ones in my 10/22’s.

2 Likes

@MountainHunter dont know for sure ive put about 700 through but dont know what previous owner did, i bought it 2nd hand through a deeler

1 Like

@hunter1916 Glad to help. Replacing the springs while you’re in there is a great idea. That fine little spring for the ejector is a pain, but it’s worth it to replace.

4 Likes