M*CARBO Brotherhood

Question: Mounting RDS

Hello,
I purchased a nice RDS for my S2K, still have yet to order the MCARBO sight mount.
My question is, until I get the MCARBO sight mount, what have other brotherhood members done in the mean time? I intend on just mounting it and zeroing it at the range, then removing it before I collapse it to stow away. But what are the chances of when remounting it the next time, it returning to zero?
Any advice always appreciated.
Cheers,
Lou

All Things SUB-2000!

2 Likes

Would have to re zero each time. Just get the mount… saves you time and frustration

5 Likes

Lol. Gonna place that order ASAP. Appreciate the advice…
Thank you sir!
Lou

4 Likes

@Antman22 Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

6 Likes

I have a bushnell trs25 on mine. I remove and place on underside when folded. I have the rail marked for placement never have had to re zero. Its always been dead nuts on at the next range session. Probably done this at least 50 times thru the last few years.

6 Likes

welcome to the forum bud @Antman22

6 Likes

@d.kaufman2154 thanks good to know!!!

2 Likes

On some mounts it is necessary to file off the slight crown on the S2K rail in order to get the RDS to repeat everytime it is removed/installed. I had to do this to a couple oF my S2K’s. The S2K in my GHB has the MCARBO Optic mount installed on it. If needed, it can be deployed instantly instead of having to fumble with removing the RDS from the bottom rail and attaching to the top.

5 Likes